Sample Logic has released Impakt – Cinematic & Concert Percussion, a suite of over 850 morphed concert percussion instruments and multis for Kontakt.
This diverse collection of instruments ranges from dramatically twisted marimbas and xylophones, blissful chimes and bells to massively transfigured timpani, gongs, bass drums, cymbals, and a variety of world percussion instruments. Impakt also includes a complimentary set of traditional concert percussion instruments.
All sounds were recorded on the Scoring Stage at Skywalker Sound (a Lucasfilm Ltd. Company) under the direction of renowned percussionist Jim Wunderlich, the result of which is a comprehensive library that contains both traditional instruments and an evocative collection of morphed cinematic instruments, transitions, atmospheres, leads, impacts, and tempo-synced rhythms.
Sample Logic say that Impakt "captures instruments and performances that goes far beyond standard performance techniques and practices". From the massive collection of material sampled, Sample Logic say they have "crafted a suite of innovative dynamic and original cinematic instruments, bringing forward a new genre of sound where music and sound design collide".
- Atmospheric/Ambient Soundscapes.
- Melodic Leads and Pads.
- Percussive tempo-synced rhythmic Loops.
- Melodic & Percussive Arpeggiated Instruments.
- Percussive Impacts, Big Hit Ensembles & Kits.
- Swipes, Scrapes, & Reverse Transitional Effects.
- Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, Glock & Crotales.
- Bass Drum, Timpani, Gong, Tubular Bells, Suspended Cymbals.
- World Percussion – Bongos, Cajon, Wood Block, Conguitas, Cow Bell, Water Triangle, Wind Chimes, Hands, Guiro, Tambourine, etc.
- Over 80 custom crafted multi-instruments that include Construction Beds, Instrument Stacks & One Note Glory Multis.
- Performance-ready with up to 6 customizable Multi Script Macros.
Impakt's user interface was designed with the composer and sound designer in mind, providing effortless control for complete customization. Impakt is all about user experience with the freedom to infinitely transform samples into evolving instruments with endless possibilities. The interface includes:
- "Multi-core Effect Sequencers" for real-time effect automation.
- "Triggers" – 48 unique effect chains.
- "Arpeggigater" – sequencer based gate effect.
- "LFO" section to make things wobble.
- "Wave" – additive/subtractive synthesis engine.
- "Pitch" sequencer for quick and easy real-time pattern based transpositions.
- "Space" – a 3D sound mixer for traditional instruments that can dramatically change the listening perspective in real time.
- "Loop" – audio sliced based effect engine that can bypass and turn effects and parameters on in real time that is included on all tempo-synced loop instruments.
- "Multi Script Macros" for real-time sequencing of instrument parameter controls.
Re-Engineer The Sound
All of the traditional instruments in Impakt were recorded and programmed so the end user has total control of the multiple microphone mix (Close, Mid, Far, Rear, Sub, Wavetables), using a newly designed mixer section. Additionally, the entire listening perspective of any traditional instrument can be manipulated, using a new 3D-sound engine called "Space". Space includes a visual mixing console for easily changing the listening perspective to any location in a theater. From standing behind the stage to sitting all the way in the back row of the theater, each instrument can be moved around for the perfect mix when combining instruments together.
- Over 850 Instruments and Multis delivered at 44.1k/24-bit.
- Just over 20 GB sample library using Kontakt's lossless sample storage compression.
- NI Kontakt 5 Player with native 64-bit support.
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, DXi, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI.
- Kontakt 5 Player 5.1 or higher (free download) or full version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher (sold separately).
- Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player.
- 20 GB free disk space for Impakt sample content.
- Kontakt is continuously being updated. For the latest system compatibilities visit the Native Instruments website.
MSRP: $399.99. Available now via Direct Download.
For more info visit: www.samplelogic.com/products/impakt
Multis in Action: http://youtu.be/C4hjxW2mFuA
18 Sep 2012 Sample Logic announces Cinematic Guitars 2
04 Apr 2012 Sample Logic releases Synergy X for Kontakt
05 Mar 2012 Sample Logic announces 50% Off Box Sale
17 Jan 2012 Sample Logic releases "TryPack" for Kontakt
15 Sep 2010 Sample Logic releases Cinematic Guitars
01 Jul 2010 Sample Logic releases Vuvuzela for Kontakt
12 May 2010 Sample Logic releases Acoustix for Live
29 Nov 2013 Ilya Efimov Production Black Friday Sale
28 Nov 2013 Audiority introduces Hybrid Bundles series
26 Nov 2013 Syntone releases "Metal Can Drums" for Kontakt
21 Nov 2013 YummyBeats releases the YummyBeats Collection 2
21 Nov 2013 MaxSynths releases XS-Bongo for Kontakt/WAV