21st September 2006
Steinberg Media Technologies has announced the next generation of its Cubase music production software range. Cubase 4 and its streamlined sister product, Cubase Studio 4, include a range of new features and technologies that offer enhanced capabilities and workflow for musicians, producers and other audio professionals worldwide.
Of major interest is that VST3 is mentioned, although what's new in the VST3 specification is not - separate news item to follow!
New features in Cubase 4 include:
- SoundFrame universal sound manager helps users organize, preview and retrieve audio, video and project files, patches for software and hardware synths, Track and Instrument Presets and much more, including the powerful MediaBay browser and media file management system.
- Control Room* seamlessly integrates Cubase 4 within analogue monitoring environments with up to four separate monitor mixes, external audio input integration, speaker selection, talkback and more.
- Brand new VST3 plug-in set with over 30 new plug-ins including StudioEQ*, Cloner, ModMachine, AmpSimulator and guitar tuner, new Multiband Compressor and many more.
- Three new VST instruments: 3 new synthesizers: Prologue, Spector* and Mystic* as well as HALion One sample player with hundreds of new instruments based on Yamaha Motif waveforms.
- New redesigned user interface with enhanced navigability, configurable channel strip and track inspector as well as a range of new mixer functions.
- Enhanced Score and Notation features further extend Cubase extensive functionality by adding new settings dialogue, symbol inspector and two new score fonts.
- New Instrument Track class accelerates handling of VST Instruments and combines MIDI and plug-in automation within the same track.
- Cross platform support for Windows and Mac OSX Universal Binary.
Cubase 4 or Cubase Studio 4?
Tailored for composers, musicians and project studios as well as students and educators, Cubase Studio 4 offers professional music production technology streamlined to offer a high-quality set of essential tools and features at a lower price point than Cubase 4. Customers updating from Cubase SL3 will find new features such as full score editing and printing, the enhanced AudioWarp functions as well as Studio Connections Recall support. Customers who purchase Cubase 4 will find additional advanced features required for the final production phases including surround support, full Control Room functionality and specialized plug-ins and tools for creating a final mixdown.
Cubase 4 and Cubase Studio 4 will ship in October 2006. Cubase 4 will retail for €879**, Cubase Studio 4 will retail for €399**.
* Feature included in Cubase 4 only
** SRP includes 16% VAT. Prices subject to regional variations.
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1