14th May 2004
All are now available online as free software updates from Pinnacle's FTP server. The SL 2.2 version includes the same new features and fixes with the exception of the additional plug-ins, which are exclusive to Cubase SX and Nuendo.
- Support for Mackie Control Extender.
- Improved Generic Remote implementation.
- New option "Use System Timestamp" in DirectMusic Setup improves MIDI timing for DirectMusic devices
- New virtual instrument: Monologue [screenshot] – monophonic analog modelling synthesizer based on physical modeling technology.
- New virtual instrument: Embracer [screenshot] – surround-capable polyphonic pad synthesizer
- New VST effects plugin: Tonic [screenshot] – analog modelling multimode filter based on the filter design of the Monologue monophonic synthesizer.
- Various minor product enhancements (see version history for details)
- Fixed: Recording on many audio tracks simultaneously using the Punch In / Punch Out at locators leads to inaccurate file lengths.
- VSTi channels appearing at wrong places in the mixer and arrangement at seemingly random occasions, sometimes even disappearing altogether or being converted into a kind of shadow tracks, grayed out tracks that are not routed to anything anymore, can be deleted but can’t be tweaked and are basically useless. This may happen if VSTi inserted by skipping slots and if VSTi are removed, which are not the last one.
- VST Instruments connected via VST System link: VST System link does not allow MIDI note auditioning from an MIDI editor: Any note selected within an editor will drone. It appears note off are not being issued. - fixed
- VST Instruments: In cases where multiple instances of the same plugin are present and the order of the plugins is being altered (e.g. by removing an instance from a lower slot number), on loading the project there, problems can occur: - wrong assignment of the VST Instruments - no connection to the automation. These problems have been fixed.
- Generic Remote: If all entries are deleted and another Remote-Setup is loaded, Nuendo/SX/SL may crash - this bug has been fixed now
- Occasional crossfade crackling – fixed
Monologue Key Features:
- 2 oscillators with sawtooth, square and triangle waveforms.
- Additional noise generator producing white noise.
- Two filters: high pass filter and versatile multimode filter.
- Single LFO.
- 4-stage ADSR mod and amp envelopes.
- Effects section with chorus, phaser, flanger, plus separate delay and overdrive units.
- X/Y matrix pad for additional realtime modulation with access to all Monologue parameters.
Embracer Key Features:
- Polyphonic surround pad synthesizer.
- 2 oscillators with 12 waveforms.
- Independent envelope and tone controls.
- Stereo and surround outputs.
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony per instance.
- Dynamic width control for exciting 3D sounds.
- Unique “eye” controller for simultaneous tone and width control.
- Full MIDI control implementation.
Tonic Key Features:
- Dynamic multimode analog modeling filter (mono/stereo).
- 24dB low pass, 18 dB low pass, 12 dB low pass, 6 dB low pass, 12 dB band pass and 12 dB high pass modes.
- Adjustable drive and resonance up to self-oscillation.
- Envelope follower for dynamic filter control with an audio signal.
- Audio and MIDI trigger modes.
- Powerful step LFO with smoothing and morphing.
- X/Y matrix pad for additional realtime modulation with access to all Tonic parameters.
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1