18th October 2006
Steinberg has made pre-release version 6.0.1 (build 304) of WaveLab 6 available for download. Please note that this version is not officially supported.
- Overall performances have been sensibly improved (new optimizations), including file access.
- Silence processor: the mode « Insert until cursor » has been added.
- Preferences / File tab: there is now the possibility to specify the default sample rate of files without headers (e.g. certain telephony file formats).
- Live input of previous WaveLab versions has been reintroduced.
- Auto-Split tool: Fade option was always active, even if check box was unchecked.
- Fix problem when rendering a montage with clip or track plug-ins with an internal delay.
- Audio Montage: an effect clip envelope could still be visible after an effect change would make this envelope un-editable.
- Fix problem that caused an error message to sometimes appear when creating a peak file.
- Fix a rare problem with mp2 encoding.
- Batch processor: pitch shifting using the Dirac mode did not produce the exact expected file length.
- WMA file encoding: sometimes a wrong format was used rather than the selected one.
- It is not possible to use the Resampler plug-in when using the Smart Bypass tool. Now an error message is displayed (before, a crash could sometimes occur).
- Wave editor: a wrong paste operation would sometimes occur when pasting a mono segment.
- Audio Montage: when moved to another track while playing back, a clip with the ducker plug-in could cause a crash.
- Audio Montage: when copying clips with attached markers, some marker mismatch could occur.
- The function « Import special audio file » is no more limited to 2 GB files.
- Level envelope, Effect morphing and Pitch bend: when using a curve in « smooth mode », a click could occur at the edges.
- Audio montage: custom coloring could be done but was not saved.
- AES31 import: some things fixed related to mono tracks.
- Audio montage: when splitting multiple clips (« All tracks » menu), the option « create automatically new fades » was not taken into account.
- Folder options: the option « When opening WaveLab, set this folder », did not work.
- Improved use of multiple audio temporary folders (can lead to more speed).
- « External Gear » plugin: the message « wrong number of inputs / outputs » was sometimes displayed without a good reason.
- Fix some other minors things.
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
26 Jul 2013 Steinberg releases HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2
26 Jun 2013 Steinberg releases Cubase Elements 7
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3