Steinberg has made pre-release version 6.0.1 (build 304) of WaveLab 6 available for download. Please note that this version is not officially supported.
- Overall performances have been sensibly improved (new optimizations), including file access.
- Silence processor: the mode « Insert until cursor » has been added.
- Preferences / File tab: there is now the possibility to specify the default sample rate of files without headers (e.g. certain telephony file formats).
- Live input of previous WaveLab versions has been reintroduced.
- Auto-Split tool: Fade option was always active, even if check box was unchecked.
- Fix problem when rendering a montage with clip or track plug-ins with an internal delay.
- Audio Montage: an effect clip envelope could still be visible after an effect change would make this envelope un-editable.
- Fix problem that caused an error message to sometimes appear when creating a peak file.
- Fix a rare problem with mp2 encoding.
- Batch processor: pitch shifting using the Dirac mode did not produce the exact expected file length.
- WMA file encoding: sometimes a wrong format was used rather than the selected one.
- It is not possible to use the Resampler plug-in when using the Smart Bypass tool. Now an error message is displayed (before, a crash could sometimes occur).
- Wave editor: a wrong paste operation would sometimes occur when pasting a mono segment.
- Audio Montage: when moved to another track while playing back, a clip with the ducker plug-in could cause a crash.
- Audio Montage: when copying clips with attached markers, some marker mismatch could occur.
- The function « Import special audio file » is no more limited to 2 GB files.
- Level envelope, Effect morphing and Pitch bend: when using a curve in « smooth mode », a click could occur at the edges.
- Audio montage: custom coloring could be done but was not saved.
- AES31 import: some things fixed related to mono tracks.
- Audio montage: when splitting multiple clips (« All tracks » menu), the option « create automatically new fades » was not taken into account.
- Folder options: the option « When opening WaveLab, set this folder », did not work.
- Improved use of multiple audio temporary folders (can lead to more speed).
- « External Gear » plugin: the message « wrong number of inputs / outputs » was sometimes displayed without a good reason.
- Fix some other minors things.