31st August 2005
- Mixing and Monitoring of External Instruments in VST Mixer (SX-only).
- Copy/Paste channel settings for multiple selected channels in one go.
- New Panner Mode: Equal Power.
- Panner Bypass Function.
- New Key Command Set for Mixer functions.
- Command Target filters for Mixer functions.
- Inspector sub-section for MIDI Tracks routed to a VST Insert Plug-in.
Files and Formats (Import and Export)
- Extended Search functions in Pool (SX-only).
- Exclude Media when exporting Tracks as Track Archive (SX-only).
- Select individual Tracks when importing a Track Archive (SX-only).
- Support for Steinberg Dolby Digital and DTS encoders (SX-only).
Recording and playback
- Smart controller reset after recording.
- Recovery of audio recordings after system failure.
- New pre-count options, sensitive to tempo and time signature changes.
- Optional Sample-Rate Conversion when importing Tracks.
- Freeze Function for External Instruments and FX (SX-only).
- Glue multiple parts with single mouse-click.
- Glue all following parts on selected track.
- New Crosshair-Cursor option.
- Process Bars in Tempo Track.
- Duplicate Track option.
- Freeze MIDI Track Play Parameters.
- Optimize Display when dissolving Parts.
- Apply Legato to selected notes only.
- Select equal Pitch > all Octaves/same Octave for all Positions.
- Transpose for single or multiple Audio Events via Info Line.
- New "External Instruments" options in VST Connections (SX-only).
- External Instruments added to VST Instrument Rack (SX-only).
- Associated External Instruments Track Inspector added to MIDI Track Inspector.
- Associated Audio Track Inspector added to MIDI track inspector routed to VST Insert Plug-in.
- External FX/Instruments Favorites (SX-only).
- Advanced CPU-saving scrubbing mode (SX-only).
- New Appearance options: Brightness, Contrast and Saturation.
- Sophisticated user-definable level meter coloring (SX-only).
- Automatic Track Coloring.
- Incremental Auto-Save.
- Track Folding: Toggle Selected Track.
- Track Folding: Fold/Unfold Tracks.
- Track Folding: Flip Fold States.
- Resize Tracks without selecting.
- OSX Performance Optimization: integrated support for MacOSX Quartz 2D graphics system.
- Additional Processor Optimization: support for DualCore and Multi-Processor PC systems (systems with more than two processors).
- Safe Recovery of corrupt projects after system failure.
MIDI & Music
- MIDI Output Delay Compensation for External Instruments (SX-only).
- Associate MIDI Device to External FX (SX-only).
- Associate MIDI Device to External Instruments (SX-only).
- Option to convert MIDI Controller Lane volume data to Track Automation volume data.
- Studio Connections Audio Integration (SX-only).
- Access Mixer Device Panels (user Panels) from Hardware Remote Controllers (SX-only, for Houston, Mackie Control/HUI, Yamaha DM xxxx series, 02r96/01v96, Radical SAC2K und CM Motormix).
- Preferences: Redesigned Appearance settings panel.
- New preference: Use Up/Down Navigation Commands for selecting Tracks only.
- New Preference: Default Track Time Type (Audio and MIDI).
- New Preference: Auto Track Color Mode.
- New Preference: Sync Project and Mixer Selection.
- New Preference: Deep Track Folding.
- New Preference: Enlarge Selected Track.
- New Preference: Select Channel/Track on Solo.
- New Preference: Select Channel/Track on Edit Setting.
- New Preference: Maximum Backup Files.
- New Preference: Insert Reset Events after Record.
- New Preference: Chase Events – Chase not limited to Part Boundaries.
- New Preference: Option to export warnings as text file.
- New Preference: Warn on Processing Overloads.
- New Preference: global Tail value for External Instruments and FX (SX-only).
- New Preference: Map Input Bus Metering to Audio Track (in Direct Monitoring).
- Single Key command to open and close Pool Window.
- New Key Command to open Device for selected Track.
- Appearance: User-definable intensity for active drum lane.
- New Key Command to toggle status of "Select Channel/Track on Edit Settings".