Steinberg updates WaveLab to v5.0.1b (build 240)
10th June 2005
10th June 2005
Steinberg has updated WaveLab to v5.0.1b (build 240).
- Support for reNOVAtor. If this plugin is installed on your system, the Tools menu of WaveLab gets a new entry. This entry is enabled if a wave window is open and an audio selection is active (it can be both channels or a single channel). Selecting "reNOVAtor..." from the menu opens this plugin and the active audio range is edited. Because data exchange with this plugin happens in memory, the audio selection has to be smaller than 60 seconds. You can start/stop playback from the plugin (reNOVAtor's processed data; plugins in the MasterSection are ignored) or from WaveLab (unprocessed data). The plugin window is not modal, hence you can work in WaveLab without closing the plugin.
- Audio Montage: Improved envelope editing. When changing the level of multiples envelopes simultaneously, or when changing the level of a single envelope with multiple points, then each point/envelope is shifted by a decibel amount, while before the change was more exponential. This new behaviour is more "sound-perception oriented" than visually oriented. This new behaviour concerns level and effect-send envelopes.
- Improved DVD-Audio compatibility for disks with pictures.
- Master Section: the DVD-Audio 5.1 to stereo/mono down-mixing simulation was not working correctly (when pressing the stereo/mono button).
- When loading a WAV file with unknown header chunks, these ones were lost when saving the file later.
- MP2 files with the "m44" file extension are now supported.
- Audio Montage: panning of mono tracks did not work correctly.
- Audio Montage: When rendering clips, the output bit resolution was limited to 16 bit in certain cases.
- AIFF 32 bit float files: fades did not work properly.
- MPEG Audio files embedded in WAV files could not be played correctly in preview contexts.
- Updated CDR driver.
Other Related News
03 Dec 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 825 Nov 2014 Steinberg The Grand 3 now exclusively available as download product through the Steinberg Online Shop at a reduced price24 Nov 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.8.317 Nov 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.5.3520 Oct 2014 Steinberg releases Prime Cuts for Groove Agent 4 by Beat Butcha07 Oct 2014 Steinberg releases UR22 Production Studio19 Sep 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.8.212 Sep 2014 Steinberg releases Granular Guitars for Padshop by Simon Stockhausen04 Sep 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase to v7.5.30 & Nuendo to v6.5.3002 Sep 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Steinberg offers 30% off Cubasis30 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases Groove Agent 429 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates VST Connect Performer for Mac & Win to v2.0.4022 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases Nuendo 6.517 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases VST Connect Performer for iPad10 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Steinberg Anniversary Offer: 30% Off Cubase Upgrades09 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases WaveLab 8.5 Trial Version and updates WaveLab 8 to v8.0.407 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.5.1007 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.8.113 Jun 2014 Steinberg releases Wavelab 8.530 May 2014 Steinberg announces Nuendo 6.5