4th August 2004
For details about changes please consult the version history available after running this update patch.
- German online help included.
- Japanese Localization implemented.
- Registration dialog is now localized for the supported languages.
- Improved support of Waves' VST shell.
- Help Menu: internet link to Steinberg distributors has been updated.
- Improved XSend driver if you use WaveLab in cooperation with a Pinnacle product such as Edition. Copy the file WaveLab/Tools/XSend/SendToWaveLab.dll into the XSend folder of your Pinnacle application. If there is any file with the name "WaveLab" in it, delete it.
- A technical document found in WaveLab/Tools/ CommandLine/ describes how WaveLab can be called with specific command line arguments.
- Solve a problem that could sometimes cause UAD plugins to crash.
- Solve an AES31 import problem.
- Small and rare problem with cursor repositioning at playback stop.
- Colors Red/Blue for track sliders were swapped
- Some offline processing of the right channel of a stereo wave could be wrong.
- Rendering a stereo file with the Mono button active on the Master Section could cause a crash.
- If an ASIO driver provides a same name for each channel, WaveLab adds an index (1,2,3,...) to differentiate each channel.
- The mono/stereo buttons of the Master Section did not work properly in multi-channel mode.
- WMA file attributes sometimes would not be saved.
- Improve timing of DVD-A pictures.
- Bug fix in the DVD-A grabber.
- SurroundPan coefficients where not restored immediately after reloading a montage.
- Montage with a sample rate of 176400 were not accepted for DVD-A burning.
- On certain DVD players, DVD-A menu in PAL mode would not be correct.
- Improved decoding compatibility of .MUS/.MP2/.MP3 files.
- Improved compatibility with certain ASIO drivers.
- Audio Montage, File tab, system tab: not all supported audio file types were displayed in the file pane.
- Fixes a problem concerning analysis of an audio range (Spectrum and Bit meters).
- Fixes a problem with AudioMontages and header-less SD2 files.
- Fixes a problem that could sometimes happen with the Audio Montage function "Substitute for existing wave ..."
- Fixes some problems with markers in Audio Montages.
- One menu in the Key command manager was always disabled.
- Audio File Format: it was not possible to select the AU/Sun bit depth setting.
- Fixes a problem related to the redrawing of Windows' caption bars.
- In the dB fields of various dialogs, it was not possible to scroll from 0.000 to -0.001 dB.
- When closing a dialog very quickly after changing a parameter, the new value was not always taken into account.
- Master Section: problem solved when using Global bypass in conjunction to effect Solo.
- DVD-Audio menu designer: loading presets was not working.
09 Apr 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase to v7.5.20
12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.5
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3