Toontrack's dfh EZ drummer is now shipping for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU formats. An RTAS version will be available soon.
dfh EZ Drummer is a multiple-microphone drum-sample playback engine designed for musicians in need of a compact, affordable, and easy to handle plug-in without compromising any sound quality or control.
- 7000 sound files at 16-bit / 44.1kHz equivalent to 5 Gb of uncompressed wav files.
- Drums recorded at Avatar Studios, New York by Nir Z (Genesis), produced by Neil Dorfsman (Sting, Def Leppard, Dire Straits, Bruce Springsteen, etc.) and Pat Thrall, Mattias Eklund & Henrik Kjellberg.
- Instant access to more than 8000 drum patterns with pre-listening, quick browsing and drag'n'drop functionality.
- Same extensive layer depth on all drums and cymbals as in dfh SUPERIOR.
- EZ Drummer ranges from entry level usability to professional flexibility.
- Features multiple microphone controls.
- TPZ GZ reduces system requirements to the minimum.
- Operates in General MIDI.
- Internal mixer allows stereo and multitrack routing into the host through one single plug-in.
- Preset mix modes for quick sound changes.
- Interface visualizes the drums loaded and combines auditioning and kit construction.
- The humanizer function combines drum hit randomizing and non-cycling.
- Velocity sweep allows instant seamless velocity changes from 1-127.
- Instant loading of drumkit on start-up into RAM cutting waiting time to a minimum.
dfh EZ Drummer costs $179 / €149 / £99; Audio demos are available.