Toontrack says: "The Classic EZX is a contemporary sounding drum library, bringing together all that is good about modern recording techniques with the sound of a classic Helios recording console, as known to have shaped the production on albums by bands like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who and many others. Be it the slamming 70s rock song or the slim and tight contemporary pop that tops the charts of today, the sounds of The Classic EZX will sit right in any mix."
- The Kits: The Classic EZX features instruments from Yamaha, Noble & Cooley and Craviotto.
- The Console: The Helios has aptly been dubbed the "Musicians Choice" of recording consoles and is still after almost 40 years in existence considered one of the best sounding of all time.
- The People: The Classic EZX was produced by Peter Henderson (Paul McCartney, Rush, Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Tina Turner, Ringo Starr) and Chris Whitten (Edie Brickell, The Waterboys, Paul McCartney).
- The Unique Mic Setup: Two interfaces and two EZXs in one. The Classic was recorded using two different setups; one contemporary multi microphone and one with only four microphones, a so called "4 mic setup". This setup is what helped shape the unique and organic production on many big albums of the 70s - a sound that is making an evident resurgence in the music at the top of the charts of today.
- The MIDI: The Classic EZX comes with two extensive libraries, played by Peter Fredlander as well as Chris Whitten himself:
- Peter's library is organized as different songs with variations of 4-8 bar building blocks. Each song also features a Jamtrack of the full song from start to finish.
- In Chris's library, he's laying down his patented groove by revisiting some of the greatest hits of his recording and touring history.