Universal Audio has announced the release of the Manley Massive Passive EQ and Precision Enhancer Hz plug-ins for the UAD-2 platform and the EMT 140 Classic Plate Reverb plug-in for UAD-1 and UAD-2.
The new plug-ins are available as part of the new UAD Software v5.6.0 release. In addition to the Manley Massive Passive EQ, the EMT 140 Plate Reverb and the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-ins, v5.6.0 includes additional performance enhancements for all UAD-2 users on the Windows platform.
Manley Massive Passive EQ
Working with Manley Labs, Universal Audio's Massive Passive EQ plug-in represents UA's most ambitious hardware EQ modeling project to date, bringing UAD-2 users both the standard and mastering versions of this world-renowned EQ in one package. Specifically, the two-channel, four-band Manley Massive Passive EQ utilizes design strengths from choice console, graphic, parametric and Pultec EQs - delivering a fundamentally different EQ. The Massive Passive's natural treatment of a signal lends itself to both radical tonal shaping as well as delicate vocal shading or subtle mastering enhancement.
"The Massive Passive EQ is one of our best-known products. We didn't even want to entertain the idea of doing a plug-in unless it was really going to be done right," commented EveAnna Manley, Owner, Manley Laboratories, Inc. "Our expectations were high for the plug-in emulation to be spot-on. Working with Universal Audio, we believe they've totally nailed it."
Available for purchase via UA's Online Store for $299, the Manley Massive Passive EQ Powered Plug-In features include:
- Coveted 2-channel, 4-band, passive, tube EQ emulation plug-in, both standard and mastering versions.
- Painstakingly modeled over a six month period and rigorously scrutinized by Manley Labs for authenticity.
- Filter curves, band interdependencies, distortion and hysteretic behavior all represented in plug-in - yielding a unique, musical and "open" sound.
"The Massive Passive is truly the ultimate in mastering grade EQs. It sounds warm without ever being dull; it stays precise while remaining highly musical," offered UAD Powered Plug-Ins Product Manager, Will Shanks.
"Manley Labs represents quality, sonic excellence and unequivocal analog design expertise," enthused Matt Ward, President of Universal Audio. "There has always been a special affinity between our companies, and we are elated to have EveAnna Manley joining us a plug-in partner for the UAD-2 platform."
EMT 140 Classic Plate Reverb
Universal Audio also announced the release of the EMT 140 Classic Plate Reverb plug-in for the UAD-1 and UAD-2. The EMT 140 replicates the sonic signature of three uniquely different EMT 140 plates formerly installed at the Plant Studios in Sausalito, CA and is licensed and endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH as the world's only authentic EMT plate reverb emulation.
"EMT is certainly excited to partner with Universal Audio; I am confident our endorsement of UA's emulations of EMT's well-loved classic audio processors will bring both companies great success," said EMT's President, Jules Limon. "It's very inspiring to see a team like UA's take such a keen interest in accurately recreating the devices of the past with their scientific approach to digital signal processing."
Available for purchase via UA's Online Store for $199 (it's a FREE update for all Plate 140 owners), the EMT 140 Classic Plate Reverb Powered Plug-In features include:
- Fully endorsed, smooth and natural EMT 140 Classic Plate Reverb emulations.
- Includes three distinct plate models - each with a unique sound and discrete mechanical damper controls.
- Includes original EMT 80 Hz input Shelving Filters or custom aftermarket Martech Low-Cut Filters.
- Pre Delay, Low & High Shelving Filters, Wet/Dry Mix, Balance and Width controls with Hard Bypass via the lighted EMT power icon.
- Also includes Modulation controls to add additional movement to the stereo field.
"EMT's impact on the way records are made is right up there with the Neumanns and Studers of the world," commented Universal Audio President Matt Ward. "Their reverbs, both analog and digital, are still among the most prized and protected possessions a quality studio can have… So EMT's endorsement of our Powered Plug-In is truly an honor."
Precision Enhancer Hz
The Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in is a specialized tool for enhancing bass perception. It allows the user to selectively add upper harmonics to bass fundamentals, sometimes referred to as "phantom bass". This significantly enhances the perception of low-end energy beyond the conventional frequency response of small speakers. These harmonics stimulate a psychoacoustic bass-enhancing effect in the listener, giving even the smallest speakers greater translation of low frequency sources.
Universal Audio's unique approach to this common problem combines a simple control set that yields exacting results with minimal adjustment and allows the widest range of tonality available in its class, from subtle to decidedly audible.
Available for purchase via UA's Online Store for $199, the Precision Enhancer Hz Powered Plug-In features include:
- A specialized tool for enhancing bass perception.
- Suitable for individual tracks or even full program material.
- Extends perceived bass response by up to 1.5 octaves.
- Effect blends generated signal into original signal with the ability to solo effect.
- Hz Frequency cutoff with ability to solo low passed filtered signal.
- Four Effect filter Slopes and five enhancement Modes ensure versatility with the widest array of material.
Changes in UAD Software v5.6.0:
- New UAD-2 Manley Massive Passive & Massive Passive Mastering plug-ins.
- New UAD-2 Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in.
- New UAD Plate 140 is now UAD EMT 140 Classic Plate Reverberator, featuring additional controls - a FREE update for all Plate 140 owners.
- (Win) UAD-2 Driver enhancements significantly improve host CPU performance and address CPU spiking.
- (4K Channel Strip) Minor Q control revisions now better reflect the reference hardware.
- (FATSO Sr.) Minor Attack and Release control revisions now better reflect the reference hardware.
- UAD-2 Firmware update resolves reboot and "Error 74" issues.
- (Cooper Time Cube) Coils setting in automation now matches GUI value.
- (Mac) Apple WaveBurner (v1.6.x) no longer crashes on quit.
- (RTAS-Win) Resolved issue saving custom RTAS presets from within some UAD plug-ins.
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software