12th November 2009
Waves has announced the release of two new "Post Production" plug-ins: WNS Noise Suppressor and LoAir. Both plug-ins support TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST and AU plug-in formats on Windows and Mac OS X. WNS Waves Noise Suppressor costs $2800 (Native) / $1820 (TDM) and LoAir is $100 (Native) / $130 (TDM). WNS is available at no additional charge to Mercury V7 users. LoAir is available at no additional charge to users of Mercury V7 and 360° Surround Tools V7.
The first in the new line of dedicated Waves Post Production tools, the WNS Waves Noise Suppressor is a real-time multiband processor for fast and effective broadband noise suppression on dialog tracks. Suitable for both indoor and location recordings with constant or modulating environment noise, WNS delivers "superior sound quality with minimal artifacts", according to Waves.
Designed from the ground up especially for Post professionals, the workflow, approach, and interface of the WNS will be immediately familiar to Post engineers. WNS offers all the flexibility, portability, power, and precision of software, like true Pro Tools integration, multiple simultaneous instances, and full automation.
- Zero latency (perfect picture sync).
- Designed especially for dialog.
- Low CPU usage.
- Multiple simultaneous instances.
- User-definable frequency range selection.
- Up to 24-bit, 192kHz resolution.
- Smoothing controls the response of the noise suppression.
- Threshold controls the level at which noise suppression is activated.
- Low Frequency determines the lowest range of the noise suppression.
- High Frequency determines the highest range of the noise suppression.
- HP is a high pass filter which attenuates components of a signal below the selected frequency.
- LP is a low pass filter which attenuates components of a signal above the selected frequency.
More than just a subharmonic generator, LoAir features adjustable frequency and low-pass filter controls to shape your ultra low-end. Plus, it lets you process polyphonic content, as well as create an LFE track from stereo or 5.0 sources.
- Add weight, drama, and depth.
- Enhance existing subharmonics.
- Processes polyphonic source material.
- Full session recall, full automation.
- Mono, Stereo, 5.0-to-5.1, and 5.1-to-5.1 components.
- Up to 24-bit, 192kHz resolution.
- Frequency controls the cutoff frequency of the low pass filter.
- LoAir controls the volume level of the generated pitch.
- Direct controls the level of the direct unprocessed signal.
- Output Meter displays the LFE output levels.
- Direct Signal Filter determines if the direct signal is filtered or not.
- Align delays the direct signal to synchronize it with the generated pitch.
- Output controls the overall output level (Mono & Stereo components only).
- LFE Output controls the level of the LFE Output (5.0 & 5.1 components only).
- Feed Section (5.0 & 5.1 Components only):
- L/R controls the amount of Left & Right channel content fed to the pitch engine.
- C controls the amount of Center channel content fed to the pitch engine.
- Ls/Rs controls the amount of Left Surround & Right Surround channel content fed to the pitch engine.
- LFE (5.1 only) controls the amount of LFE channel content fed to the pitch engine.
28 Jan 2013 Waves Audio updates V9 Plug-ins to r9
24 Jan 2013 Waves Audio announces AAX Native Support
05 Dec 2012 Waves Audio updates V9 Plug-ins to r7
03 Dec 2012 Waves releases Abbey Road REDD Consoles Plug-in
03 Dec 2012 Waves December Offers - Up To 60%+ Off
23 Nov 2012 Waves Black Friday Sale - Up to 80% Off
21 Jan 2012 Waves Audio displays InPhase Plug-in