Waves v5.0 released
8th July 2004
8th July 2004
Waves have updated their entire plug-in range to v5.0 for Windows and Mac OS X (VST/DX/AU/RTAS/HTDM) - Windows 98 and Mac OS 9 are no longer supported. A new bundle - Waves Musicians Bundle 2 - is also introduced in this release.
What's New in V5:
- Tempo Sync - Four plug-ins have been upgraded with a new feature of automatic tempo sync. The plug-ins are: Enigma, MetaFlanger, MondoMod and SuperTap.
The new functionality enables those plug-ins to lock to the host application's tempo and tie the relevant controls to that externally controlled tempo.
Morphoder MIDI Control - Morphoder, part of the Transform bundle, now becomes a true virtual instrument. In all supported host applications you will be able to assign a MIDI track output to an open instance of the Morphoder and play its internal carrier from a MIDI track using recorded MIDI data or live playback from a MIDI controller.
- Waves 360° Bundle for Windows - The Waves 360° Surround Tools Bundle is now available for ProTools TDM running on Windows.
- Waves 360° Bundle - Native - On both Mac & PC, the Waves 360° Bundle now supports Native processing, running as RTAS & HTDM.
- HTDM Support - All Waves plug-ins now support Digidesign's HTDM architecture, enabling Native processing while maintaining important TDM functionality such as changing a track's number of outputs (mono ->stereo, mono/stereo ->surround), inserting a plug-in on Aux and/or Master tracks and more.
- HD Accel Support for Windows - Digidesign's new HD Accel hardware is now supported for Windows.
- 96kHz Support On HD Accel - Several plug-ins are now supported at 96kHz sample rate on Digidesign's new HD Accel DSP cards.
- The enhanced plug-ins are: C4, SuperTap (SuperTap is now also supported up to 192khz in Native process), Morphoder, LinMB, LinEQ (Broadband Mono component only).
- Digi 002 and Command/8 Control Surface support - All Waves plug-ins are now officially mapped to Digidesign's Digi 002 and Command|8 control surfaces.
- Automatic Delay Compensation support for Pro Tools - All Waves plug-ins are adapted to support the new Automatic Delay Compensation feature in ProTools 6.4.
Other Related News
22 Jan 2015 Waves Audio Teams with Harman Professional to Unveil the Waves dbx 160 Plugin22 Jan 2015 Waves Audio announces H-Reverb - Hybrid Reverb Plug-in22 Jan 2015 Waves Audio Announces the Waves Signature Series Butch Vig Vocals Plugin22 Jan 2015 Waves Tracks Live Now Available27 Nov 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Waves Black Friday Sale: Up To 80% Off08 Oct 2014 Waves releases Abbey Road EMI TG12345 with Intro Offer06 Oct 2014 Waves releases Codex Wavetable Synthesizer and updates V9 Plug-ins to r2128 Aug 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Waves Labor Day Weekend Sale19 Aug 2014 Waves updates V9 Plug-ins to r2031 Jul 2014 Waves Audio releases the Dave Clarke EMP Toolbox24 Jul 2014 Waves releases StudioRack and updates MultiRack to v9.704 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Waves 4th of July Weekend Sale - Up To 40% Off29 May 2014 Waves Audio releases the Waves Abbey Road Collection09 Apr 2014 Waves releases Vitamin Sonic Enhancer and updates V9 Plug-ins to r1810 Mar 2014 Waves releases Abbey Road Reel ADT - Artificial Double Tracking Plug-in04 Mar 2014 Waves releases MetaFilter and updates V9 Plug-ins to r1603 Feb 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Waves Winter Special Offers - Up To 70% Off24 Jan 2014 Waves Audio and Plug-in Alliance Now Run Through Waves WPAPI24 Jan 2014 Waves Audio Announces SoundGrid Studio System24 Jan 2014 Waves Audio Unveils "MetaFilter" and "Abbey Road Reel ADT" Plug-ins