|Price (MSRP)||$7,500 (Bundle)|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
L3-16 Multimaximizer offers 16-band peak limiting, delivering loudness with control. It features a built-in linear phase equalizer as well as linear phase filtering throughout its crossover network, so audio is recombined perfectly, free of phase distortion.
Powered by Waves PLMixer Peak Limiting Mixer technology, the L3-16 limits and maximizes the sum of all 16 bands to a set Threshold factor for maximum output while keeping the music intact and transparent. It features a unique EQ-style 6-band interface offering envelope control of both Gain and Priority. With precise and transparent results, the L3-16 delivers punch and clarity with a wide range of sonic flavors — from analog warm to digital cool.
Traditional multi-band limiters consist of a group of band-specific limiters working completely independently of each other. The key to the power of the L3-16 is the PLMixer engine, which uses a single peak limiter controlling all of the bands. The PLMixer uses psychoacoustic criteria to intelligently determine how much attenuation to apply to each of the 16 bands, so all available headroom is used. This is modified by a gain system that operates like a linear-phase EQ section placed ahead of the limiter, plus a priority envelope across the entire audio spectrum to maximize loudness and optimize tonal character.
Release Profiles control the behavior of the L3-16's built-in ARC Automatic Release Control engine across the band-split spectrum. The 16-band crossover network is completely linear-phase and thus delivers an output free of phase distortion and artifacts. The gain and priority settings of the 16 crossed-over limiters are controlled by a superimposed 6-band EQ-style envelope system, offering familiar controls such as frequency, Q and filter type.
Unlike traditional multi-band limiters, there is no need for a following wide-band limiter to catch overshoots: the PLMixer automatically manages and controls the gain relationship between the bands.
Comprehensive metering allows you to see as well as hear exactly what the system is doing, with DynamicLine attenuation curve, the priority envelope and gain envelope curves, plus overall input and output metering.
All processing is carried out with Waves' trademark IDR Increased Digital Resolution double-precision re-quantization and 9-order noise shaping algorithms for maximum audio resolution at any setting. Quantization and dither can be set in the IDR section for maximum quality, with multiple output resolutions and two forms of dither, while noise-shaping options reduce the perceived noise level. These features can be selected depending on whether the processor is in use in mixing or mastering or if additional processing will subsequently be used.
- Intuitive Paragraphic interface with frequency, Q, and filter-type controls.
- Built-in linear phase equalizer.
- Linear phase filtering for maximum output, free of phase distortion.
- ARC Automatic Release Control across the band-split spectrum.
- IDR Increased Digital Resolution with double precision bit re-quantization and 9th-order noise shaping.
- 34 Release Character presets for mastering and sound design.
Global Limiter Section
- Threshold sets the global limiting threshold: -30dB to 0dB.
- Out Ceiling sets the maximum output level: -30dB to 0dB.
- Threshold/Out Ceiling Link allows simultaneous adjustment of the Threshold and Out Ceiling faders.
- Attenuation Meter displays the overall wideband attenuation: -30dB to 0dB.
- Release proportionately shortens or lengthens Release Character release values: x0.1 to x10.0.
- Release Character contains ARC Auto Release Control factory presets.
- Separation sets the Q for the multiband network crossover filters: Low, Medium, High.
Priority / Gain Controls
- Priority adjusts the relative limiting across all bands: -18dB to +18dB.
- Gain controls the gain of each Paragraphic EQ band, in front of the limiter: -18dB to +18dB.
- Gain/Priority Link allows simultaneous adjustment of the Gain and Priority controls.
- Freq sets the frequency for each Paragraphic EQ band: 16Hz to 20kHz.
- Q adjusts Q for each of the 6 Paragraphic bands: 0.33 to 3.0.
- Filter Type selects the filter type for each Paragraphic EQ band: Bell, Low Shelf, High Shelf.
- In/Out switches individual bands on or off.
- Quantize sets the output bit depth: 24, 22, 20, 18, or 16 bit.
- Dither selects the IDR dither type: Type 1, Type 2, None.
- Shaping selects the amount of noise shaping: Normal, Moderate, Ultra, None.