|Type / Tags|
The Rig::Sonics Mid/Side Controller splits a stereo audio signal into its mid and side components and gives you control over their gain. It is possible to separately adjust the gain of the mid, left and right components by using the corresponding fader. Hereby you can make creative changes to the stereo image of your mixes. For example: Enhance the stereo image by reducing the mid component. Or shrink/displace the stereo image by changing the gain of the side components. After gain adjustment the mid and side signals are transformed back to an ordinary stereo signal.
- M/S encoding & decoding.
- Gives you control over the gain of the mid and side components of a stereo track.
- Allows you to enhance, shrink and displace the stereo image of a mix. Even it's possible to create asymmetric stereo images.
- A/B comparisons.
- Side channels swapping (phase flipping).
- Link/unlink faders of side components.
- Mid or side solo listening.
- Host automation.
- Mixing: Enhance the stereo image of backing vocals, guitars, synthesizers, etc.
- Mastering: Correct stereo image. E.g. mono the bass-band.
- Mastering: Add air and space.
- Mastering: Reduce the reverberation of a mix.
- Film post-production: Adjust the apparent distance and position of sound sources.
- Operating Systems: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP / OS X 10.6+.
- Formats: Windows (VST) / OS X (VST and Audio Units).
- ZIP archive including .dll file for Windows respectively .component and .vst files for OS X.
- All plug-ins are available as 32-bit and 64-bit version.