|Product||Ozone 5 / Ozone 5 Advanced|
|Price (MSRP)||$249 / $999|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
Ozone 5 / Ozone 5 Advanced is the fifth generation of iZotope's complete mastering suite. A mastering system of 64-bit DSP algorithms with enhanced visual meter displays integrated into one plugin.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds six additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
- Multiple modes of Intelligent Release Control technology for transparent limiting.
- New "Intelligent III" mode provides exceptional handling of transients without pumping or other undesirable limiting side effects.
- Stereo link control to process left and right separately, and freely adjust between fully linked and independent limiting on both channels.
- Predictive limiting of "inter-sample clipping" keeps true analog levels in check.
- Adjustable threshold/margin, release and character controls.
- Visual feedback provided through Gain Reduction Trace meters, a loudness histogram, and Mini-Spectrum display.
- Advanced Only Feature: Transient recovery adds emphasis to transients to help preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness.
- Analog-modeled EQ with "soft saturation" modeling or digital linear phase filtering with up to 16,000 bands of precision.
- Spectrum analyzer that offers real-time and average modes, critical or third octave bands, and snapshots.
- Matching EQ allows spectrum snapshots to be taken of reference recordings to create "automatic" EQ curves and apply them to a master.
- Phase delay and group delay visualizations.
- Mid/Side mode provides independent, superimposed EQ curves for center and edges of the stereo image.
- Workflow enhancements: EQ left and right channels independently, and make precise EQ tweaks by zooming in and out both in time and frequency.
- Advanced Only Feature: In Mixed Phase EQ mode, each node in Ozone's EQ can be linear-phase (flat phase response), minimum-phase (analog-like phase response), or maximum-phase. Variably adjust between these settings to change the transient response and pre-ringing characteristics of each individual band.
- Advanced Only Feature: Independent curve shapes let you use the same analog-modeled filter shapes in all EQ modes, including linear phase and Matching modes.
- Ozone 5 provides improved Plate and Room modes and a brand-new Hall mode.
- Control room size, pre-delay, width, & frequency cutoff.
- Controls to adjust the high and low decay times, solo the wet signal, and adjust the frequency response.
- Mid/Side processing.
- Advanced Only Feature: Early Reflections setting allows independent control over early reflections for control over the character of reverberation.
- Advanced Only Feature: Additional Reverb Modes simulate additional spaces for more variety and flexibility, including Theater, Cathedral, and Arena.
- Advanced Only Feature: Crossmix control lets you adjust the signal configuration and balance between the left and right channels' reverb signals.
- Three types of dither algorithms and six different noise-shaping options.
- New dither curves for 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz, as well as design improvements to existing 44.1 kHz curves.
- New Dither Shape view.
- Integrated DC offset filtering, auto-blanking and dither harmonic suppression for dynamic and transparent conversions.
- Unique set of bit scopes and DC level meters provide a complete view of the digital bitstream and conversion process.
- Retro, Tape, Warm or Tube exciter modes.
- Circuit-modeled Tube saturation for subtle warmth and transparent dynamics control.
- Saturation Spectrum display shows excitation by frequency and features a Post filter that allows you to sculpt the Exciter's frequency output.
- Natural-sounding Peak Saturation.
- Unique multiband time offset controls for tightening and adding "attack".
- Advanced Only Feature: Circuit-modeled, multiband Triode and Dual Triode modes.
- Analog modeled, linear phase, and hybrid crossover filters with adjustable bandwidth and Q.
- "Learn" mode that automatically sets crossover frequencies based on incoming audio.
- Soft compression via a Hard/Soft knee mode.
- Color-coded All Bands mode lets you view and adjust every dynamics stage of every band in one location.
- Gain Reduction Trace view, which plots the gain reduction of all dynamics bands on top of a scrolling waveform.
- Real-time visualization of the dynamics within each band, including gain reduction meters, level histograms, spectrum analyzer, and X-Y compression curves.
- Advanced Only Feature: True Envelope Detection detects levels evenly across all frequencies and prevents aliasing or artifacts that RMS detection can cause.
- Advanced Only Feature: The Detection Circuit Filter adds a variable slope high-pass or tilt filter for reducing pumping, ideal for single-band compression modes.
- Advanced Only Feature: Variable Knee control offers a per-band, continuously variable knee control for every dynamics band for even more flexible compression.
- Phase/Channel meter display that highlights imaging, phase, and potential canceling problems.
- Stereo Width Spectrum view to see the width of the mix by frequency to set crossovers and see the effect of stereo imaging adjustments.
- Antiphase Prevention, add width to any frequency band without causing mono compatibility problems.
- Multiband channel delay controls for adjusting the perceived location of the stereo field or correcting tape azimuth errors.
- Includes options for mono, phase flip and channel reverse.
- Advanced Only Feature: Stereoize Mode adds depth and natural-sounding stereo width to mono or very narrow mixes without sacrificing mono compatibility.
Meter Bridge (Advanced Only Feature):
- Meter Taps.
- Spectrum Analyzer.
- Loudness Meters (EBU R128 Compliant).
- Preset Manager.
- User-definable routing.
- Undo History and A/B Tools.
- Mid/Size Processing.
- Advanced Only Feature: Component Plugins.