Psychic Modulation Releases Phonec (Updated v1.4)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonec

fluffy_little_something wrote:Strange, I just tried it again. Those parameters seem to default to the settings of the previously opened/modified preset. If I set sub osc to square and open an old user preset, it also defaults to square. Same for retrigger.
Maybe since the older patch doesnt recognize the new controls it simply borrows the previous setting. I would'nt imagine this being much of an issue in most situations though.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Plus, when I load an old preset and turn on, say, retrigger, I can't turn it off again in terms of sound, even if the light if off.
You sure? I'm not able to reproduce this. I loaded an older patch and it works fine.

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:Maybe since the older patch doesnt recognize the new controls it simply borrows the previous setting. I would'nt imagine this being much of an issue in most situations though.

You sure? I'm not able to reproduce this. I loaded an older patch and it works fine.
Yes, that is exactly what I have said, or tried to anyway, maybe my English is not good enough :D
Well, with some sounds the wrong retrigger or sub waveform setting changes the sound a lot, so the setting does matter. (Which as such is a good thing as it shows that it is a useful and effective parameter.)

Yes, I just tried it again with two of my bass patches on two different DAWs, just to rule out any strange DAW behavior. Toggling the sub waveform works repeatedly, but toggling retrigger doesn't. Not only with old presets, but also with those I have already saved in the new version.

What exactly are the additional parameters? If I have a complete checklist it is easier for me to edit and resave my patches :)

fluffy_little_something wrote: What exactly are the additional parameters? If I have a complete checklist it is easier for me to edit and resave my patches :)
New controls: Invert switches on both mod envs, pulse width knob (should be hidden unless in PW mode), Sub waveform selector & Osc retrigger switch

New menu items:
Osc combiner: PW1, PW2, PW1/2
mod targets: amp att/dec, filter att/dec & pulse width

I'll run some more tests on the retrigger switch to see if there is some issue with it.

I'm getting the same problem as fluffy_little_something.

He upped a patch which demonstrates it audibly in this topic: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5727818
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I'm getting the same problem as fluffy_little_something.

He upped a patch which demonstrates it audibly in this topic: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5727818
Ok, I'm going to look into this again. I downloaded fluffy_little_something's patch from the other thread and will use it for testing. Let's see if we can get this thing figured out...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:Maybe since the older patch doesnt recognize the new controls it simply borrows the previous setting. I would'nt imagine this being much of an issue in most situations though.

Yes, that is exactly what I have said, or tried to anyway, maybe my English is not good enough :D
Well, with some sounds the wrong retrigger or sub waveform setting changes the sound a lot, so the setting does matter. (Which as such is a good thing as it shows that it is a useful and effective parameter.)

Yes, I just tried it again with two of my bass patches on two different DAWs, just to rule out any strange DAW behavior. Toggling the sub waveform works repeatedly, but toggling retrigger doesn't. Not only with old presets, but also with those I have already saved in the new version.
Ok this is what seems to be happening: When retrigger is active, the waveform gets locked into a certain point and continues to retrigger at that point in the waveform. When retrigger is deactivated, it may still be locked into that position, but by moving the 'tune' out of place and then setting it back to default, the waveform seems to go back to it's previous position. This also works with the 'drift' knob. Try it out and let me know if it works for you.

Yes, seems to work that way. But it is probably not more than a workaround.
When I have the time and feel like it, I will simply recreate my old patches in the new version directly, but I am too busy moving house at the moment :P OK, I admit it, that is just a welcome excuse, I am too lazy :D

Crowd funding launched for Phonec v2.0

https://www.rockethub.com/projects/6128 ... kout/goods

For users who bought Phonec v1.0, this looks pretty neat for $30:
You get the full version of Dubtron (Windows 32-bit). If you already own Dubtron, or simply would prefer one of my other commercial synths, just let me know and I can make it happen. Also, if you are a registered user of Phonec v1x, you reserve your upgrade as well.

Nobody excited that Phonec v2.0 is in the works :?

It's like having a new Boards of Canada album for crying out loud, and those are as rare as hens teeth :D

Numanoid wrote:Nobody excited that Phonec v2.0 is in the works :?

It's like having a new Boards of Canada album for crying out loud, and those are as rare as hens teeth :D
Put my pledge in and promptly forgot about it.

It'll be a nice surprise when it comes (if it comes...no guarantees with crowdfunding).
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Very much looking forward it...hope it works out, phonec is a lovely, underrated synth...

cuppa wrote:Very much looking forward it...hope it works out, phonec is a lovely, underrated synth...
Absolutely! I can't wait, such an awesome little synth. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Instruments”