PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Is there going to be a payed version? If so I'm signing up. I love this synth it sounds awesome!

martin_l wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Does Martin have any release date in mind ? :pray:
Well. Here's the problem. In 1 1/2 weeks time, I will start travelling for 4 weeks, with no access to my computer. I _hope_ I can release at least a final beta before I am going. But I also have huge amount of real-life work to finish before that.

I will try my best,

Martin

Don't hurry Martin We can wait if needed. Thanks for all your hard work. :hug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

ENV1 wrote:... The real latest (and final) one is here: http://www.pixhost.org/show/1145/264834 ... enshot.png
holy cow, that looks great!

really dig the changes. :wink:

jbuonacc wrote:
ENV1 wrote:... The real latest (and final) one is here: http://www.pixhost.org/show/1145/264834 ... enshot.png
holy cow, that looks great!

really dig the changes. :wink:
Wow! This looks amazing! Almost as pretty as it sounds.

New beta (with new GUI by ENV1):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... eezxa?dl=0

New things:
- new GUI implemented
- stepped sliders for quantized controls
- some bug fixes
Todo:
- slight adjustments in ADSR behavior
- small improvements to digital readout font
- MANUAL!!
As usual, please, let me know if something is not working, or behaving strangely.

Just to prevent confusion: there is no updated AU version, as I had to abandon the AU development for the moment.

Cheers,
Martin
Last edited by martin_l on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you for the new version Martin! :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

LOVE the GUI! :love:

Cheers Martin :) Thanks also for including my patches on your dropbox :D Respect.

Stunning new GUI, cheers ENV1
Last edited by DrewDale on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:tu: All is good

EvilDragon wrote:LOVE the GUI! :love:
A BIG thanks to ENV1 for his help with the new GUI !!! It is a huge improvement over my own attempts.

Martin

Hmmm. Only able to load 32 patches, rotating banks doesn't work no more. :(
:tu: All is good

DrewDale wrote:Hmmm. Only able to load 32 patches, rotating banks doesn't work no more. :(
which system and which host?

Thanks Martin.
I apologize if it was mentioned here, I noticed there are no oversampling settings. Are the values fixed now, and what are they?
I found "Downsampler Filter Stages" very useful in the SE version.
It's easy if you know how

4 years in the works isn't new...

lesha wrote:Thanks Martin.
I apologize if it was mentioned here, I noticed there are no oversampling settings. Are the values fixed now, and what are they?
I found "Downsampler Filter Stages" very useful in the SE version.
You are right. These settings disappeared.

Just a bit of background here: The pg-8x (in the old and new versions) uses two levels of oversampling:

The first level applies to basically the whole synth, apart from the high pass filter, and the chorus. This oversampling rate affects the high frequency behaviour of the filter, and the ration is set automatically such that the effective sampling rate is above 176.400 kHz, i.e. at rates of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, the oversampling os 4-fold, at 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz, 2-fold, and at native samplerates of 176.4 kHz or above, no oversampling (at this level) is done.

The second level of oversampling applies to the DCO's and is to minimize aliasing (especially when using Sync or Xmod), as I force all frequencies to be commensurate with that oversampling rate. Hence, it does not affect the sound, but how accurate the pitch is reproduced. This was the rate which was adjustable in the SE version. Now, I implemented only the automatic setting, where the oversampling ratio is determined by the pitch of the note.

As for the downsampler filter stages, I implemented the switch in order to save CPU time. Lower settings lead to a brighter sound with lower CPU usage, but also more aliasing. Now, I replaced the whole downsampling filter by a different algorithm (butterworth) which is steeper as my old filter (hence allows for higher cutoff, and hence slightly brighter sound), and at the same time, I implemented a vectorized (SSE) version, which should be more efficient, and not requiring the reduced filter stages.

Therefore, I did not see the need for these settings anymore.

Cheers,
Martin

love it! i knew you could "do it"

always loved pg8x for those warm roland pads. now it looks how it sounds. thank you ML & ENV1!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”