Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ZynAddSubFX

glokraw wrote: Hi, was this done on
windows eXT on windows?
linux eXT on linux
windows eXT on linux
? and what cpu/ram, and approximate cpu usage?
Cheers
Sorry. I forgot to mention:
Windows XP SP2; eXT 1.41 (all windows here)
CPU: Intel E7500 Dual Core 2.9GHz
RAM: 4GB
ASIO: M-Audio Revolution 7.1 native ASIO Drivers
MIDI: Yamaha KX8 Midi Controller

I didn't notice considerable cpu usage throughout the project. Maybe 15-20% peak!

LE: For the 'Crazy Freq' patch, I used the MidiLearn, to connect the modulation wheel (CC# 1) to the cuttoff freq, and the frequency of the freq LFO (for realtime playing).

Cheers
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Sorry guys, but unless someone can tell me an easy way to get this beast running, I'm afraid I'm out.

I'm sure it's not beyond me, but with the time I have available, I see little option other than doing a pure sinewave track :)

Yeah, this thing's not working in Renoise. Well, there's a default Rhodes-type of sound, but the menus seem locked away.

tattiemannie wrote:Sorry guys, but unless someone can tell me an easy way to get this beast running, I'm afraid I'm out.

I'm sure it's not beyond me, but with the time I have available, I see little option other than doing a pure sinewave track :)
Hi, theres an energyXT on Computer Music magazine dvds, if you have one in the
wine cellar, might be worth installing. Its not a full version, but not
crippled, and newer than the still popular/versatile 1.4 version.

You could also run zyn from a preconfigured live cd running in ram like 380 meg
Puppy Studio, that shows your system drive partitions on the desktop, easy to choose as recording destination.

This voice from the peanut gallery votes for a one week extension of this OSC, in honour of
T.M. spending such efforts on previous contests, and the unique situation of using a
powerful, but very beta-zone instrument.
Cheers

jackoo wrote:
glokraw wrote: Hi, was this done on
windows eXT on windows?
linux eXT on linux
windows eXT on linux
? and what cpu/ram, and approximate cpu usage?
Cheers
Sorry. I forgot to mention:
Windows XP SP2; eXT 1.41 (all windows here)
CPU: Intel E7500 Dual Core 2.9GHz
RAM: 4GB
ASIO: M-Audio Revolution 7.1 native ASIO Drivers
MIDI: Yamaha KX8 Midi Controller

I didn't notice considerable cpu usage throughout the project. Maybe 15-20% peak!

LE: For the 'Crazy Freq' patch, I used the MidiLearn, to connect the modulation wheel (CC# 1) to the cuttoff freq, and the frequency of the freq LFO (for realtime playing).

Cheers
Thanks for the details. Somewhere down the road, the info will solve a lone
google searchers nightmare! How do you rate your KX8? It looks like a dumb
move from Yamaha to stop production :?:
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glockraw, big thanks! ...as luck would have it, only last week I discovered my local newsagent stocked CM .... and I bought my first ever copy!! That may well be my way in :) ... cheers, I'll give it a try!

tattiemannie wrote:Glockraw, big thanks! ...as luck would have it, only last week I discovered my local newsagent stocked CM .... and I bought my first ever copy!! That may well be my way in :) ... cheers, I'll give it a try!
for FX, CMXXX/Software/PC Software/Library/Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series has some nice
free fx, and if you try the great CMFuzz (daisy-chained on leads :shock: ) its free twin is here: http://www.camelaudio.com/camelcrusher.php mainly a different colored gui.

The Sanford Phaser was freeware, before Grymmjack did the great gui version, which is now on the magazine, so it's contest status I don't know. Maybe someone has details, as
Leslie has now moved on to other endeavors.

You will love the CM Bass Rack, its a subset of AlgoMusics great ElecktraBass,
with Tim Conrardy fingerprints all over the presets.

CMOrg is another fine Krakli synth, ZebraCM, Genesis, Dominator etc are all
uniquely excellent.

Cheers

What's the trouble exactly Tattie? You have the latest version of course?

Dunno about extension tho as it will overlap the next synth and that's not fair for that OSC. It would be different if Zyn was absolutely not working , but despite still in beta and quirky, it is a working synth for most and once going, much faster to get good sounds out of than others we had before.

Also, it works fine in Reaper whose demo is the full program with save and everything for a month so there's that if need be. (It also costs just $40)

About Computer Music Magazine, Genesis and Zebra CM are pearls and for the price of the mag a steal. Haven't tried the new CMOrg, but knowing Krakli's stuff and hearing the demo that should be great too. Maybe we should have a CM special? ;)

Maybe I'm having a 'senior' moment, but I can't seem to find what theme we're supposed to follow. I'm sure I saw it some time back but now I just seem to end up at the general rules.

Not sure if I'll have time now but I'll certainly give it a go.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

No themes in the OSC, although there were during the xmas special (bells) which might be what you remember seeing. But do try and make the deadline with something Folderol.

With the new Zyn version, I'm really loving it and working on 2 songs atm so should have at least one entry this time. Zyn has honestly gone up from my fave freeware right up there with the commercial ones. Seems to do all sounds well, and atm blown away by the the drums. Not often we are spoiled with so nice drums sounds here in OSC, so really getting into that part of it. Ditto for strings and pads (even choirs). Your string/choir patch was terrific Jackoo.

Well, it turns out the 'menu' (interface) pops up behind Renoise.

never know ZynAddSubFX before and after i tried it i have to say:
"this plug is amazing" :love:
and the track by ParadoxUn really impressed me.
i wish i could have time to join this competition but my schedule of this month is telling me otherwise.
so...
good luck everyone 8)

Hello,

I've uploaded the track I made for the contest:
http://soundcloud.com/musinux/zlouis-tension

It was made on linux debian sid with rt preempt patch, on 64 bits and 4Go ram computer ( with 2 screens, but who cares?)

I used ZynAddSubFx not as a plugin, in the normal way, with 12 differents instruments, and the battery used is the default one with some modifications. Globally, I've modified near all the sounds, but only 3 are from me. I didn't have problems with CPU usage, zynaddsubfx is lightweight.
I used Seq24 for sequencing.

I think that's all.

Cheers,
Zlouis

Hi, we are Ruedi and Rena and we just made our contest entry to Soundcloud.

The Track is called Sandefur. Sorry but we can't post the URL right now because HTML is off. Any tips to change this?

We are on Ubuntu Studio Maverick 32bit.

We used 12 of ZynAddSubFX's instruments in one instance, arranged them with seq24, a loop based sequencer, recorded into Ardour and mixed all down to stereo via CH-EQ2 Parametric EQ by LinuxDSP to get rid of some harshness in sound.

Great stuff guys. 8)

About the link, there's no need to post it here, as long as it's shared to our SoundCloud dropbox and made downloadable, it will show up properly on the site: http://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-26-zynaddsubfx

Return to “Instruments”