Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Ingonator wrote:Hi,

just got a new Largo Beta (only 64-bit VST 2 at the moment) with those fixes:

- Arpeggiator Pattern GUI bug when switching patches fixed
- With "Init Program" the Detune amounts for Osc 2 + 3 will be 0 and not +5/-5 as before (same with STRG + Leftclick) / this bug was also found in the old 32-bit plugin
- "Init Part" works normally now (no muted sound)
- LFO-Modulation of the Cutoff (see pots above) seems to work without distortion etc. now. (seems to be fixed by Stefan Stenzel himself...)
- MIDI CC values from the manual seem to work now now when assigning those with a hardware controller

Ingo
Great news! Also, congrats on your official beta role. They're lucky to have you.

That Arp fix, alone, is enough for an RC2. :D
Looking forward to it! Hopefully it arrives in time for some weekend music making.

PPG 3.V v1.0.3 RC1 BUG REPORT - (under OSX 10.9.4/Logic 9.1.8/Both 32bit+64bit mode)

- Can't open .fxp .fxb files when loading program. They are grayed out. (see picture)
But I was able to load them in the ppg's internal browser window.
ppg_3v_v103bug_load_fxp.png
- Volume is so loud when loading a previous .fxp file and My painstakingly created .fxp(ver1.0.2 days) sounds slight different. Why?

- When multi mode. I can't modify CH2 patches. Only CH1 works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

amundsen_scott wrote:PPG 3.V v1.0.3 RC1 BUG REPORT - (under OSX 10.9.4/Logic 9.1.8/Both 32bit+64bit mode)

- Can't open .fxp .fxb files when loading program. They are grayed out. (see picture)
But I was able to load them in the ppg's internal browser window.
Not every plugin format allows loading fxb/fxp files dircetly from you host (e.g. VST3, AAX) so if it works please use the internal browser in that case.
Anyway i don't use a Mac myself. I have to ask at Waldorf if it is a bug or not.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
fceramic wrote:Just tested 64 bit Wave 3.V in Numerology. Unfortunately it seems to be really buggy since I can only edit part 1. All the controls for other parts are either frozen or receive some input but have no effect. I guess you revamped the GUI system.
I also have some serious GUI issues with 2.V where controls can get stuck and I have to relaunch the plugin to get it working again.
Did not think something this buggy would be a release candidate, so I kinda regret overwriting the previous working versions. :(
It looks like Waldorf and the developer of Numerology are in contact so maybe there will be a solution ASAP.

It could be possible that a fix is needed in Numerolgy, the plugin or both but this has to be checked.
Hi,

it looks like this problem on OSX is not just limited to Numerology but is also found in Logic X. Like mentioned previously problem with the multi mode could not be noticed with the Windows plugins here (in multiple hosts).
The problem with PPG Wave 3.V in Logic and Numerology seems to be that you could edit the parameters for Part 1 (e.g. Cutoff) but not in the other Parts.

Could anyone confirm this?

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Waldorf has just published the Release Candidate 2 for Largo:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

I am currently working on a changelog (from RC1) and will try to add this tomorrow morning.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Delighted to see RC2 so soon. Arp redraw bug FIXED here (Cubase 7.5.2 x64 Win7). Great, that was fixed a lot sooner than I anticipated!

Ingonator wrote:Waldorf has just published the Release Candidate 2 for Largo:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic
Here is a more or less complete list of changes from Largo RC1 to RC2 (will try to update this if i forgot something):

- GUI refresh bug with Arpeggiator pattern display solved
- MIDI CC values from the Largo manual do work properly with a hardware controller now
- LFO modulation of the Cutoff works without distortion and/or very loud noise now, even at maximum rate
(problem existed also in the old 32-bit version v1.5.1)
- Problems with panning at the Layers 2-4 are solved (problems were noticed in Cubase, Studio One, Pro Tools)
- With the Init program (Edit menu) the Detune values for Osc 2 + 3 were not at 0,
same when doing a reset with Ctrl/Strg + Leftclick (problem existed also in the old 32-bit version v1.5.1)
- Init program feature (Edit menu) does no longer lead to a muted sound (Part 1 no longer switched off)

At least two bugs that were fixed were included with the old 32-bit plugin (i mentioned this in brackets)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

EvilDragon wrote:BTW - the same arp redraw bug happens for the Step waveform in LFO3!
Assumming the same programming routine is used for redrawing the Arp, can we assume this is fixed now as well?

Good job everybody at Waldorf and the beta-testers! :clap:
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:BTW - the same arp redraw bug happens for the Step waveform in LFO3!
Assumming the same programming routine is used for redrawing the Arp, can we assume this is fixed now as well?

Good job everybody at Waldorf and the beta-testers!
I could not notice a bug at the Step LFO with the current version.

Many thanks for the kind words. This KVR thread was actually very helpful so far and Evil Dragon who also posted here is now part of the official testing team.Anyway i am still working on the applications so the team should be bigger soon.

The bug when using Alt + Leftclick for holding a note in the GUI keyboard was reported (it worked in the old plugin) but it was decided not to fix it at the moment.

Next we will focus more on Waldorf Edition before we move to fixing remaining PPG Wave 3.V bugs.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

What is the known buglist for 3.V?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:What is the known buglist for 3.V?
Maybe you get one soon... :wink:

Most current PPG 3.V bugs seem to be for Mac and AAX. A GUI glitch for VST 2 (in the multi parts) was already reported here. This does not mean that no dditional bugs could exist.
Ingo Weidner

Wow, the latest version of Largo (32-bit) downloadable from Waldorf's site crashes both my hosts, Cubase 6 Elements, and Studio One 2 Producer, both 32-bit, on plugin scan, and, when i load them up again, and the VST2 is on the blacklist, they also both crash when i try add the VST3 of Largo to a track... is it possible to download an older version of Largo, so that at least i'm able to use it?

The PPG Wave 3.V Mac GUI bug is in all hosts and all formats.

chk071 wrote:Wow, the latest version of Largo (32-bit) downloadable from Waldorf's site crashes both my hosts, Cubase 6 Elements, and Studio One 2 Producer, both 32-bit, on plugin scan, and, when i load them up again, and the VST2 is on the blacklist, they also both crash when i try add the VST3 of Largo to a track... is it possible to download an older version of Largo, so that at least i'm able to use it?
I'm not getting a crash with it in S1 on Mac. However the VST2 isn't showing, just the au and VST3. The VST3 makes clicks when changing patches and the patch deep fat analog bass doesn't make a sound in it.

Ah, forgot to say that i'm on Windows (8.1 64-bit). Maybe the VST2 isn't showing up for you, because Studio One blacklisted it too.

Return to “Instruments”