VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

No audio exemples anywhere?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I'm still waiting too. Maybe some demonstration videos, well, a bit more than the one being released.

Hi there,
a fun video just browsing my presets,
poor screen capture ( my first youtube attempt) but watchable i guess.
have fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdW1KsHD ... e=youtu.be

yellukhan wrote:Hi there,
a fun video just browsing my presets,
poor screen capture ( my first youtube attempt) but watchable i guess.
have fun.
I just watched/listened to some spots very quickly, but I was impressed..
Thanks for sharing. I'll need to go back and view again. I was hoping it could be used in a more traditional context outside of usual EDM stuff and you demonstrated that it does a good job with symphonic/melodic material. Can you drag/drop the midi from Nora to DAW piano roll?

Musical Gym wrote:Can you drag/drop the midi from Nora to DAW piano roll?
You can't and it's somehow logical because the Nora piano roll does not know which input will be fed into it. So it does not know what to "drag" at all. In other words: the result of Nora's output depends on its input.

elassi wrote:
You can't and it's somehow logical because the Nora piano roll does not know which input will be fed into it. So it does not know what to "drag" at all. In other words: the result of Nora's output depends on its input.
Sorry to hear it. Sounds like a bit of work to have to recreate Nora notes in DAW piano roll. I haven't played with the demo yet, so I don't understand it yet.

Musical Gym wrote:Sounds like a bit of work to have to recreate Nora notes in DAW piano roll.
Yep, you'd have to record the result (output) into a new track. Not possible in FLS, btw. ;)

But see it as an arpeggiator what it indeed is. You wouldn't come to the idea to drag an arpeggiator 'score' into a track, no? Both, Nora and standard arps, are just definitions of playing (=processing input). They are no MIDI notes themselves, so to speak. :)

And how is it going with the Mac version? :hyper:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Musical Gym wrote:
elassi wrote:
Sorry to hear it. Sounds like a bit of work to have to recreate Nora notes in DAW piano roll.
Why would you want to do that?

firepile wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:
elassi wrote:
Sorry to hear it. Sounds like a bit of work to have to recreate Nora notes in DAW piano roll.
Possibly to save it as a midi file or use without the arp on another instrument track, ...
Last edited by Musical Gym on Tue May 27, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elassi wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Sounds like a bit of work to have to recreate Nora notes in DAW piano roll.
Yep, you'd have to record the result (output) into a new track. Not possible in FLS, btw. ;)

But see it as an arpeggiator what it indeed is. You wouldn't come to the idea to drag an arpeggiator 'score' into a track, no? Both, Nora and standard arps, are just definitions of playing (=processing input). They are no MIDI notes themselves, so to speak. :)
I thought maybe they could be recognized as midi since the interface is similar to piano roll with midi data. If it was midi data, I think Reaper could probably record it to a separate track.

elassi wrote:

Hi,
for the FLS you can use this one as midi recorder from any of the midi fx vst such as Nora,
just set the input-output ports and press to the record ın Melodo
http://comelody.com/melodo
its easier than using virtual midi drivers imo.

Musical Gym wrote:
firepile wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:
elassi wrote:
Possibly to save it as a midi file or use without the arp on another instrument track, ...
Just record the midi output then.

Musical Gym wrote:I think Reaper could probably record it to a separate track.
Yes, it can. Did it already. :)

@yellukhan
Thanks, I've tried it and it works. Still, it's a bit hassle so I got used to move those tasks to Reaper (and run FLS as a VSTi inside it). Great demo, btw. :tu:

elassi wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:I think Reaper could probably record it to a separate track.
Yes, it can. Did it already. :)

@yellukhan
Thanks, I've tried it and it works. Still, it's a bit hassle so I got used to move those tasks to Reaper (and run FLS as a VSTi inside it). Great demo, btw. :tu:
Can you upload Reaper project or template with FLS as vsti inside? If too much trouble, I can figure it out.

Return to “Instruments”