KX77FREE - 30 07 2018 > Update of all x64 VST - new releases - fixed recent bugs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

Hi

This track is available on my url in 24 bit/44.1k WMA (compatible with VLC):
http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2015/C ... tember.wma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWsRJ_SgTuA

Modular Acoustic Instrument Sim - 88.2k to 44.1k tests:

With a modular VA it's always possible to simulate what we want . I done for this track a special work around acoustic instrument presets, like brasses or guitar.
I used a lot RM and Sync in complex presets so I preferred to set my Cubase session to 88.2k to have more accurate with this kind of modulations, it's also a good test of all my main plug-ins (8 instances to 88.2k). The trumpet lead and all guitars are done with the Kx-Synth-x16.
I used a SF2 (Kx-Polymod) for the voices of the background lead.

Xavier

Hi,

The next 64 bit versions of my Polymod VST will be in VST2 also because this feature is now available with SE 1.2 64 bit, just by changing the .vst3 extension by .dll.

Ok so I stumbled upon these synths yesterday (while looking for a synth that can import SF2 like Crystal), and I've been literally blown away. Incredible creations, thank you very much <3

I'll try to come up with a better "review" later when I come back to senses :D

hi,

I'm working on my c++ Codeblock projects, to do a better organization and maintenance of the x64 code.
This last week end I finished to translate the Kx-Synth-x16 modules to SE SDK3.
So now I can really start a serious work about the conversion of my SE plug-ins to x64.
This month I will do an update of all main x86 plug-ins because I improved the Vco sync processes, I saw also some little errors in the Kx-Synth-x16 code and I will reduce again the number of SEM.
The SE x64 engine stills in alpha, there are some bugs on the GUI code (multi platform code), so if I built some x64 projects based on my x86 vst, theirs GUI editors will be probably different and you will not have the possibility to import your x86 presets.
Anyway, in 2016, my priority will be to present you the x64 versions of my favourite VSTs.

Xavier

:party: Yay!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

kx77free wrote:hi,

I'm working on my c++ Codeblock projects, to do a better organization and maintenance of the x64 code.
This last week end I finished to translate the Kx-Synth-x16 modules to SE SDK3.
So now I can really start a serious work about the conversion of my SE plug-ins to x64.
This month I will do an update of all main x86 plug-ins because I improved the Vco sync processes, I saw also some little errors in the Kx-Synth-x16 code and I will reduce again the number of SEM.
The SE x64 engine stills in alpha, there are some bugs on the GUI code (multi platform code), so if I built some x64 projects based on my x86 vst, theirs GUI editors will be probably different and you will not have the possibility to import your x86 presets.
Anyway, in 2016, my priority will be to present you the x64 versions of my favourite VSTs.

Xavier
Xavier, you have no idea how excited I am over this. I love your synths but they are so unstable on my 64 bit machine that I've had to uninstall them. This is the best news I could possibly want to hear.

Thank you SOOOOO much.

wagtunes wrote:
Xavier, you have no idea how excited I am over this. I love your synths but they are so unstable on my 64 bit machine that I've had to uninstall them. This is the best news I could possibly want to hear.

Thank you SOOOOO much.
It's important to inform me about when you have got bugs...
Did you use them in 64 bit daw with jBridge or with Cubase or Reaper ? the last versions ?

In x86 daws they are very stable, I use the last versions in my x86 daw since several months on big 88.2k session without any bugs.
This summer I did some very important updates, to solve the main SE limit engine (1.914) about the fact that on recent 64 bit windows you cannot load more than 300 SEM (-/+, or any multi threaded processes like vst) in same time. It's not really a SE bug but as the majority of SE devs use a lot of third party SEM and the recent Windows use a lot of internal processes...

This is why I group all my SEM into one or two SEM only per VST by using the SDK3 and also to translate my code to x64. It's possible that create some bugs, so it's important that you report me your bugs.

kx77free wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Thank you SOOOOO much.
It's important to inform me about when you have got bugs...
Did you use them in 64 bit daw with jBridge or with Cubase or Reaper ? the last versions ?

In x86 daws they are very stable, I use the last versions in my x86 daw since several months on big 88.2k session without any bugs.
This summer I did some very important updates, to solve the main SE limit engine (1.914) about the fact that on recent 64 bit windows you cannot load more than 300 SEM (-/+, or any multi threaded processes like vst) in same time. It's not really a SE bug but as the majority of SE devs use a lot of third party SEM and the recent Windows use a lot of internal processes...

This is why I group all my SEM into one or two SEM only per VST by using the SDK3 and also to translate my code to x64. It's possible that create some bugs, so it's important that you report me your bugs.
I am running Windows 7 64 bit with Cubase 7.0.7 64 bit DAW. I have tried them both unbridged and with JBridge, which I find to be very disappointing. While it makes some VSTs better working, such as BR808 which didn't even load the GUI beforehand, it's not a perfect solution. There are still crashes and some quite serious.

As far as your particular synths, I don't remember exactly what the problems were because it was so long ago that I uninstalled them.

When the new versions come out, I will test them fully and report back any problems that I have. Promise.

Xavier thanks so much for everything!

I have been trying to ask about the filters.

There are many variations and it I am not quite sure which is best.

As a rule of thumb I believe those marked with * are 2x oversampled and that the newer Q are 4x.
Are those the ones that should be used most of the time?

In the case of PolyM(CS), there are many filters maybe I should stick with the * as well?
Are the CS modeled filters oversampled?

Thanks a lot!

wagtunes wrote: When the new versions come out, I will test them fully and report back any problems that I have. Promise.
Thanks, personally I consider that the internal Cubase's 32 bit wrapper is not stable with SE plugins (GUI editor bug*), I do not test the 7.0 yet but I will migrate to the last Cubase in 2016. When I tested in Cubase I used jBridge and I could load and play all my *.CPR made with the 5.0 in Cubase 6.0 with a similar CPU use. But perhaps there are a jBrige bug on your config. I used the default jBridge setting and my Cubase in administrator mode.
*If you load several instances of the same SE plug-in in Cubase, the GUI editor will be crappy, you must close the GUI and open again the GUI, it's not funky. It's a paradox that a 32 bit wrapper stills bugged with SE plug-ins because generally if you need a wrapper, it's with SE plug-ins...
I recommend the 64 bit daw Reaper if you want to use 32 bit VSTs.

Note: with jBridge , there are not the limit of SEM (each VST are protected) and problably with all 32 bit wrappers.... It's cool to use old good SE freebies if that works on your config.
yul wrote:As a rule of thumb I believe those marked with * are 2x oversampled and that the newer Q are 4x.
Are those the ones that should be used most of the time?

In the case of PolyM(CS), there are many filters maybe I should stick with the * as well?
Are the CS modeled filters oversampled?
Exactly, the * is for oversampled filters x2 and the Q is for x4.

I need to oversample the VCS3 filters because the resonance is clipped like the original (auto-oscillating, >1), less than this one but I must to do that. On the Q filter, the resonance is more boosted...

The resonance of CS filter has not an auto-oscillating resonance (<=0.88), so it's not necessary to oversample the process. The resonance quality is different than a Moog or VCS3 filter.

If you want to simulate a classic Moog filter, the VCS24* is correct, very similar.
With the SV mini knob you can change the colour of the resonance distortion (odd + even harmonics) on VCS3 filters.

For the next update, I improved the filters used to oversample and also the curve of the resonance knob to avoid high level signal (around 12 h15) when you set the resonance in auto-oscillating.

Generally if you do not use an auto-oscillating FX with a filter, you do not need to use an oversampled filter.
Of course that will save your CPU use of your current preset.

Ok got it!

Then what about the LPV4 and the SV filters, are these still worth using?

It woulds be great to have a description of the new filters is included in the release so we can keep track as well as the others too :-) The info is not located in a single page so I am sure many users would benefit.

Thanks!!!

Tonight I figured out the sequencer in KX-Synth-x16 and instead of trying to explain how awesome this synth is, I'm going to let Mr. Roach do the talking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LdTAkSVhUI

This isn't exactly what you could call an instant gratification VA , but put some effort into learning it (read the help, examine the tutorial patches and read the tooltips), and you'll be rewarded with a transistor-smelling magic machine that prints out majestic, spiraling mandalas of heartbreakingly beautiful sounds.

Such an inspiring piece of work, thank you Xavier.

yul wrote:Ok got it!

Then what about the LPV4 and the SV filters, are these still worth using?

It woulds be great to have a description of the new filters is included in the release so we can keep track as well as the others too :-) The info is not located in a single page so I am sure many users would benefit.

Thanks!!!
@yul
The LPV4 is the same of the V4,V3,V2,V1..., I keep this one for the compatibility of the presets.
In 2008 when I worked on the first version of the Kx-Synth-x16, I modified a 4 poles filter to a 3 poles filter, I must rewritten the tune coefficients and this one was not oversampled.

So in summer 2014 I completely rewrote the filters and contacted an expert of the Synthi who helped me.
In fact now these filters are 4 poles with a slope of 18 dB per octave for the VCS3 emulation and 5 poles with a slope of 24dB for the Synthi filter.
The VCS3 filter is tuned (up to 10 volts, 14080 hz), the Synthi filter is out of tune (10 volts -/+ 12 khz).
These filters are full band in auto-oscillation (<20 hz !) and the resonance signal is clipped and produces odd, even harmonics.

The SV filter is in fact two SVF filters (slope of 12 dB) linked, the resonance cannot be in auto-oscillation and its level is controlled by a special curve to avoid the 0 dBfs, by this way it's not necessary to oversample this filter.

Xavier

Hi all!
any work on porting Kx-Synth on 64bit and SE 1.2?
thanks and bests

lalo wrote:Hi all!
any work on porting Kx-Synth on 64bit and SE 1.2?
thanks and bests
Yes, I'm working on.

About the Kx-Synth-x16, that I finished:
- to reorganize all my CB projects to SDK3 x86 and x64.
- to choice the improvements of the VCO1 sync.
- to test the sdk3 modules (they will be used to X64 tests).
- to build the new x86 releases.

I will do before to start on KVR the x64 alpha testing:
- Convert some modules of Kx-Modulad to SDK3.
- Rebuild the PolyMod, Kx-Modulad plugins with new VCO sync features.
- Provide on my url the x86 updates and new music tracks.
- Make new SE1 for the X64 VST3, VST2.
- Test the x64 versions of : Kx-PolyMod, Kx-PolyM-CSE, Kx-Synth-x16.
- Make choices about the actual bugs or limits of SE 1.2... I will try to preserve the main features of each VST.

And after that I will make an alpha testing on KVR of the x64 vsts.

I'm ready about my x64 code but I prefer wait a minimum of SE 1.2 stability to present you something.

The Poly version of the Kx-Synth-x16 is a big SE1 project (several thousand of connections) and I must prepare it on SE 1.1 x86 before to modify it on SE 1.2... So I will start the tests on KVR with the Kx-Synth-x16 M (monophonic version).

Xavier

Return to “Instruments”