KX77FREE - 30 07 2018 > Update of all x64 VST - new releases - fixed recent bugs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html

17/02/2016 - Update of main plug-ins:
Kx-Synth-x16 5.1 / Kx-PolyM-CSE 1.1h / Kx-PolyMod 1.62/ Kx-Modulad 3.1
All:
- Improvement of ocillator synchronization with oversampled processes (new parameter: Sync Colour) and IIR filters used for oversampling.

Kx-Modulad:
- The number of SEM has been decreased again, only 3 SEM used (SDK3*).
Fixed bugs:
- VCO 2: some minor code errors inside the sync processes.
- Possible CPU overload with oversampled processes (up/down filters) in some case if theirs inputs were equal to zero.
- FX: filter reset when the filter knobs were used.

Kx-Synth-x16:
- The number of SEM has been decreased again, only 4 SEM used (SDK3*).
Various improvements of:
- Ring Modulator by adding oversampled processes (x4).
- the Vol1 and Vol2 matrix destinations by adding oversampled processes (v1*and v2*, push on matrix buttons).
- the curve of resonance knob for the VCS3 and Synthi filters.
Fixed bugs:
- Some minor code errors inside the VCO1 sine sync process and also inside the matrix for the sequencer tracks.
- Clean of banks, the preset 68 of Bonus bank fixed (voice selectors error) and the feedback matrix knobs set to 0.5 by default. They were adjusted to 1 even if the automation limit is up to 0.5.

PolyM-CSE and PolyMod:
Fixed bugs:
- VCO 1: "Voice" reset unavailable with the selector (enum list error).
- FX: filter reset when the filter knobs were used.

One track added: "KS Dream 2016 - Live Obsession", encoded in WMA 24 bit/44.1k, Cubase session in 88.2k.
This track is available on my url in 24 bit/44.1k WMA (compatible with VLC):
http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2016/K ... ession.wma

*To convert them to SE 1.2 x64. I will do a post about on KVR.

Have Fun

Xavier

I modified the title of the topic.

kx77free wrote: *To convert them to SE 1.2 x64. I will do a post about on KVR.
Thanks Xavier! Where will you post exactly? Instruments or Modular Synthesis sections?
thanks!
Last edited by lalo on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the update. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Very nice updates, thank you!

I find myself missing two interface things, but I'm not sure if these are available in SE:

- return to default value (double-click, or shift-click)
- adjust value with modwheel

These are just niceties and no big deal, but this one is quite serious: The cat is missing from KX-SYNTH-X16!

Ok I had the chance to play with Polymods today, and both the CS version and normal Polymod are broken for me. I can't get the filter routing to work, oscillators bypass filter and input selector has no effect on anything, and filter cutoff only works from approx 4 oclock onwards- but filter never affects the whole audio signal.

.jon wrote:Ok I had the chance to play with Polymods today, and both the CS version and normal Polymod are broken for me. I can't get the filter routing to work, oscillators bypass filter and input selector has no effect on anything, and filter cutoff only works from approx 4 oclock onwards- but filter never affects the whole audio signal.
What is your config?
I will try to reproduce your bug.
Have you got this bug when you loaded these new versions on your sessions done with the old versions?

Send me your FXP preset. I will check it.

Following your last post I retested them on VSTHost x64 in is 32 bit wrapper and the filter routing is ok for the two plugins.

But I never had this kind of problems with the Polymod. I just replaced in the code the oversampling filter coefficients, I didn't modify something about the filter routing.
For the tests I used them to do my last track in 88.2k and play on long hours of work... I also reloaded and played all my old tracks done with these plugins in 48k to verify the presets integrity.

Anyway thanks to report me this bug.

Thanks for checking it and sorry, I retested both today and can't replicate the bug anymore, routing works as usual. Which is cool I guess, but I can't figure out what caused it. This is in a new project, bridged in Reaper 64 @ 48KHz.

.jon wrote:Thanks for checking it and sorry, I retested both today and can't replicate the bug anymore, routing works as usual. Which is cool I guess, but I can't figure out what caused it. This is in a new project, bridged in Reaper 64 @ 48KHz.
It's possible that some bug like this one are linked to the big list of parameters saved and managed by the DAW (more than 1200 for the polyphonic Kx-Synth-x16).
For example, in my last track I worked on my Kx-Synth-x16 with a lot of automation during the track. I started this track in November with the version "5.e" and I used this track also to verify the version 5.1, step by step of its development. Because I modified the oversampling filters , I verified the results in case of feedback patches, specially for adjust the levels...
I found a bug of my old Cubase 5 when I added the Sync colour parameter. Just by adding a new parameter in the VST that perturbs the Cubase automation and the result is different if I loaded a session built with the old version without this new parameter. To avoid this bug, the Sync Colour is in "private" mode and does not appear in the list of automation. I fact when I change a lot features of my VSTis, I prefer change theirs names like V4, V5 because is not possible to keep the preset compatibility between each major changes, specially when I delete some GUI parameters. This is why also I keep my old SDK2 graphic modules in the actual VST, it's to preserve the preset compatibility.

I checked the PolyMod and PolyM-CSE in the last x64 Reaper (Win10) and like you I did not see the bug... So the Reaper bridge is very efficient, only 2% of CPU for a polyphonic preset on the CSE.

Hi,

I uploaded on Youtube and my url a new KS Dream track:

Wma 24 bit/48k (compatible VLC):
http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2016/K ... -track.wma

and Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbgY9OAG-XY

Thumbs up. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

hi,

I notified something about my old Cubase 5 (2009), if you use an automation on a lot of VST parameters, it's better to save your session with the cursor on the start.

Actually I help Jeff to debug the new x64 SE gui. There are few weeks ago, Jeff decided to pause the apple development (VST3 AU wrapper) to give the priority to the Win version of exported VST/VST3. He adapts the multiplatform GUI for exported VST to directx (emulated version for apple).
So if you are SE users, you're welcome to help him to debug quickly the new GUI.
Waiting a global usable GUI for my VST in x64, I do music.

This track is available on my url in WMA 24 bit 48k (VLC compatible):
http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2016/K ... alized.wma

digitalized ...digitized, it's just for the fun...
Seriously, I'm in a KS Dream period and it's probably therapeutic for me to work again on this kind of track.
As you know, I'm very influenced by the digital period of KS, in general by the electronic sounds of 80's.
In the KS album Dig it, one of the first digital vinyl, 1980, the track Death of an Analogue was prophetic about the end of the analogue period of the society. I love its very dark, industrial ambience.
So now we are digitized...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NycGEV6mM5M

xavier

Beautiful. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

:love:

Fantastic track!

12/06/2016 - Update of main plug-ins:
Kx-Synth-x16 5.1a / Kx-PolyM-CSE 1.1i / Kx-PolyMod 1.63/ Kx-Modulad 3.1a

Improvement of oversampled processes with various bug fixes.

Fixed CPU overload bugs:
VCO2 (Sync *8) of the Kx-Modulad: when the width (WF1-WF2) is set to 0.
Ring modulator (oversampled) of the Kx-Synth-x16: when the EQ is close to the minimum or maximun with patches using feedback from this modulator.
VCA (OM or Dist off *2) of Kx-PolyM-CSE and Kx-PolyMod: during the disconnection of the matrix modulations.

Return to “Instruments”