Liquid Rhythm by WaveDNA. Opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Liquid Rhythm

zzz00m wrote:Check out the free trial to see if it meets your needs > https://www.wavedna.com/liquid-rhythm/l ... oad-trial/

At the current asking price, it's a low risk. And if it works out for you, it's a no-brainer!
Unfortunately I am away from my music computer so I can't try the demo. I'll probably just bite the bullet since it really costs next to nothing right now. It's just that finances are so bad right now that even $15 is a big decision sadly. That said, this really seems like it may fill a need.

Their online redemption form did not work, so I sent a support request through their website. They responded and got me set up within 24 hours over the holiday weekend.

The app has built-in video tutorials. I've only gone through the first one but it seems to promise a lot more in the next 8 or 10 videos.

I'm heavily into beatmaking and I don't like loss of control, but even with the "surprise me" stuff, it still lets you edit things precisely. I'm hazarding a guess that you can add some kind of intentional probability through advanced editing, so it's more generative than random. At least I hope so. If Liquid Music works similarly then I'd be interested. Could make for some really interesting live performances. So far, it's making some cool fills.

Liquid Rhythm was a Black Friday purchase for me. It delivered a happy surprise or two in just the few times I was learning it over the weekend.

I could be wrong, but WaveDNA seems like a small shop. They have an interesting, visual approach. The Black Friday price point was (for me) a "let's give this a shot" no-brainer. Where it will lead is anyone's guess, but I like to reward innovation when I can afford it.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Was wondering if anyone has upgraded to or bought Liquid Music. I tried to buy it last night, but, PayPal actually denied the purchase. First time I ever had that happen. Made me wonder if it's maybe because they've been getting a lot of complaints about purchases from that company.

Either way, I purchased Liquid Rhythms from plugin boutique last night. Didn't get my serial until today, which is new to me. Most companies get it to you within the hour.

Still thinking about getting the LM upgrade but would love to hear user opinions on it.

Anything at all would be appreciated.

Also, the radio silence from the company AND the lack of responses on their forums was a little disconcerting for me, but, at $19 for Rhythms, I said, what the hell. If it helps me cut down on the time it takes me to make a drum track, it's worth it.

Yeah the same happened to me, but I bit the bullet and used the CC and that worked. The demo had expired on me, and it seemed like a good deal to get it before it disappeared from the scene completely. The lack of forum support is also dismaying, but all in all it's not a bad plugin I figure if you already have their other product.

It's a good alternative to searching for new drum loops, or building your own in a pattern sequencer. More tools, the better! :)
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Ableton Live 10 was be there for a while, but still no official support from WaveDNA.There would be a half year since the last minor update, plus the notorious community support, I had a pessimistic view of the WaveDNA's products user database and its financial situation. It doesn't surprise me if I heard WaveDNA just stop develop Liquid Music/Rhythm in a few months.

I can only say the support was really good and engaged (even if it took some time) and that while I was only testing the demo of liquid music (have bought the basic version of liquid rhyhtm some years ago but not really get used to it). And I had some very direct critics but they really deal with it.

They dont give me the impression that they are willing to give up, a version 2 seems to be on the way. But of course the manpower seems to be limited and the competition is growing.

What makes me a little skeptic is that all the resellers who once had or still sell liquid rhythm dont sell it anymore or if they do they dont sell liquid music (pluginboutique for example or jrrshop as two of the ones I know, or, hear in germany, bestservice).

I have really tried to get it integrated in my workflow someway during the demoperiod and support was helful but in the end I think for me it is still just to complicated and at least just no fun to work with it.

The functionalities are great, as very coarse estimation I would say its just inbetween something that a daw like waveform 9 now offers - or cubase for example - and the unreached functionallity from Rapidcomposer. But while the waveform midi pattern generator is just fun to use and now with the chord track completely integrated in the daw its just a pain to integrate the great functionallities of liquid music into the daw (should be easier with ableton, but if you have ableton, you have max for live and hundreds of apps for this kind of stuff, so you wont really need liquid music I would think).

What I cant understand that in liquid music they had already a "track" view in it with the different drums as different tracks, now in liquid music you are, in one instance, reduced to one track, so you have to work with different instances, copy the settings....just no fun.

Thats my 2 cents.

id4kvr wrote:Ableton Live 10 was be there for a while, but still no official support from WaveDNA.There would be a half year since the last minor update, plus the notorious community support, I had a pessimistic view of the WaveDNA's products user database and its financial situation. It doesn't surprise me if I heard WaveDNA just stop develop Liquid Music/Rhythm in a few months.

Liquid Music/Rhythm work just fine in Live 10.

Both the VSTs and the M4L devices.

Max 8 was not launched yet, we don't know what changes it will bring,most Max and M4L devs must be waiting to see the "final form" of Live 10 + Max 8 to start updating complex projects.

[edit: Actually M4L as a whole works way better in Live 10, so Liquid Music's M4L device also actually works better in Live 10 than 9]

tatanka wrote:I can only say the support was really good and engaged (even if it took some time) and that while I was only testing the demo of liquid music (have bought the basic version of liquid rhyhtm some years ago but not really get used to it). And I had some very direct critics but they really deal with it.

They dont give me the impression that they are willing to give up, a version 2 seems to be on the way. But of course the manpower seems to be limited and the competition is growing.

What makes me a little skeptic is that all the resellers who once had or still sell liquid rhythm dont sell it anymore or if they do they dont sell liquid music (pluginboutique for example or jrrshop as two of the ones I know, or, hear in germany, bestservice).

I have really tried to get it integrated in my workflow someway during the demoperiod and support was helful but in the end I think for me it is still just to complicated and at least just no fun to work with it.

The functionalities are great, as very coarse estimation I would say its just inbetween something that a daw like waveform 9 now offers - or cubase for example - and the unreached functionallity from Rapidcomposer. But while the waveform midi pattern generator is just fun to use and now with the chord track completely integrated in the daw its just a pain to integrate the great functionallities of liquid music into the daw (should be easier with ableton, but if you have ableton, you have max for live and hundreds of apps for this kind of stuff, so you wont really need liquid music I would think).

What I cant understand that in liquid music they had already a "track" view in it with the different drums as different tracks, now in liquid music you are, in one instance, reduced to one track, so you have to work with different instances, copy the settings....just no fun.

Thats my 2 cents.
Thanks for the replay.
The "community support" I meant was specific to the forum. You can go to WaveDNA website, and check it out, that's literally no man area. So I doubt their user database.
I think that would be benefit both sides if Ableton buy WaveDNA, cause Liquid Music and Live share the same aesthetics of product design, There should be this possibility.

pottering wrote:
id4kvr wrote:Ableton Live 10 was be there for a while, but still no official support from WaveDNA.There would be a half year since the last minor update, plus the notorious community support, I had a pessimistic view of the WaveDNA's products user database and its financial situation. It doesn't surprise me if I heard WaveDNA just stop develop Liquid Music/Rhythm in a few months.

Liquid Music/Rhythm work just fine in Live 10.

Both the VSTs and the M4L devices.

Max 8 was not launched yet, we don't know what changes it will bring,most Max and M4L devs must be waiting to see the "final form" of Live 10 + Max 8 to start updating complex projects.

[edit: Actually M4L as a whole works way better in Live 10, so Liquid Music's M4L device also actually works better in Live 10 than 9]
That makes sense. Looking forward 2.0

I probably should have passed on this. In Logic 10.2 it was pretty buggy and cumbersome and now after upgrading to 10.4 it doesn't pass AU validation. I guess I should have figured it would be troublesome outside of Live since it was designed as an M4L device.
Oh well, I guess I might still find some use for the standalone application (that is if it still works in Sierra which I haven't tried yet).

Never tried Liquid Music, but the Liquid Rhythm standalone app and plugin works fine in Windows.

I got it on sale last year for a no-brainer price, and it has a lot of potential if you dig in. I usually drive other drum kits with it, rather than use the built in sounds, so you can have any drum mix you wish to work with for output.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Well they still offer support for it, because I just received some yesterday. They've also responded to all of my support issues. I use LM the most, but hardly use LR because I can't get it to loop with MixCraft 8, otherwise it would be my main rhythm generator.

It is a tad bit cumbersome, and I don't see why the two programs aren't integrated into one, but I give it a slight edge over RapidComposer in ease of use and production. Don't get it twisted, RC is better in many respects, but WaveDNA was on to something.
I'm still looking for a way to incorporate it into my workflow, I haven't really been using it lately. I do plan to keep hammering the devs of both programs to fix it, which is weird because LM has no problems looping in MC8.

I have quite a few midi patterns for drums, is there a way I can insert them into liquid rhythm so they show up as a preset or in the preset bank the same way you have presets for house and hip-hop etc .

Is there a way I can put my own custom patterns in . I know if I was to import them one by one and then save them to my favourites it's possible but I want to have them selected as different parts like hats snare patterns tops etc .

it would be good just to have say techno patterns in one preset .future house in another and so on .

I know that it has standard kits and patterns I just wanted to know if I could put my own patterns that show up in the same bank as the original standard ones

Return to “Instruments”