UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hey guys, I'm thinking to purchase Falcon as it has a nice discount these days and I have a main concern: how does Falcon manages samples? I have a nice stash of curated samples and I would like to know if Falcon creates duplicate (or add to it's own library) of 3rd party sample. I would prefer to lik them from where they are. Most of the synths on the market that allow for sample-loading either request a separate add process either allow drag& drop then they embed the sample into their local library. I'm trying to avoid the creation of duplicates, a big deal when working on a laptop. So, how's Falcon handling sample drag& drop? Cheers!

To my knowledge, it doesn't copy samples.
It also offers you to save Programs with/without sample(s).
Something I also find important.

I watched all Dan’s tutorials but I missed this: Program is the highest hierarchy preset?

Anyway, that’s super cool that it can link to samples. Thanx!

That would be "Multi".

So I ended purchasing Falcon and a library. First thing was to create a custom sampler for my one shots as it looks the easyest thing to create using falcon and to get accustomed with it a little bit.

The first issue I could not find answer in the manual or online: is it possible to map a knob of an insert effect on the master channel as macro button on the info interface? Or is safe to assume that any knob that does not have the "assign to macro" property enabled, simply can't be assigned?

I wanted to have a low cut filter the very last processor in the chain (because I also have a reverb on a send), for now I placed it earlier in the chain.

sircuit wrote:Or is safe to assume that any knob that does not have the "assign to macro" property enabled, simply can't be assigned?
This is true.

Generally you can macro only things pertaining to the instrument. If you're loading your effects in the mixer itself, that's level above instrument, hence that data cannot be stored IN the instrument.

It makes sense, things can get really big when using multiple parts. I'm really grateful that this things has limits though (also learned that a program does not save any mixer-level routings because they're out of it's "coverage" - luckily it was a fairly small setting), it is immense as it is, already.
But for some reason it it makes more and more sense (surprisignly for me, more than a fixed-topology synth) as I discover simple things. With this one I can have a really simple instrument with a minimum amount of knobs if I want.

Any ideas why I can't get my current patch to save? No matter what I select to save in the wrench drop-down, the asterisk doesn't go away and I get the warning about unsaved changes when I try to load a new patch.

(Finally, I just changed the patch anyway and was able to load it back apparently just as saved…but still with the asterisk, but no warning.)

Actually, the Part name seems to ALWAYS have an asterisk, every time as soon as loaded…?

TIA!

David wrote:Any ideas why I can't get my current patch to save? No matter what I select to save in the wrench drop-down, the asterisk doesn't go away and I get the warning about unsaved changes when I try to load a new patch.

(Finally, I just changed the patch anyway and was able to load it back apparently just as saved…but still with the asterisk, but no warning.)

Actually, the Part name seems to ALWAYS have an asterisk, every time as soon as loaded…?

TIA!
There is a script on it ?
Some macros that are bound to MIDI CC that your keyboard constantly send ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: There is a script on it ?
Some macros that are bound to MIDI CC that your keyboard constantly send ?
Thanks, yes, there's scripts active on the preset in question, but no MIDI CC that I know if, or chose, anyway. Altho I have often noticed that Macros I create often (always?) seem to have some MIDI CC # already connected…but deleting all these doesn't change the asterisk being still on after saving.

It can happen if the script modifies some values in realtime.
Not much you can do about it depending on what the script does.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

is it possible to glide/ slide with the arpeggiator ? it s seems it s not working with the alt click on the small box to make it blue, it was doing nothing on a patch i made, i checked the manual but i haven t found a answer

If you want all steps to glide then it's easier to set teh step length to 101%.
To glide individual steps alt + click will do the trick.
Are you using Falcon 1.4.1 ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

OK—When I turn off all the Mods on the Macros I added, that fixes the asterisk after saving problem…same as I've noticed in other apps; should have thought of that:) Getting that warning after saving seems to have been a one-off issue, so far not happened again. Thank you!

otristan wrote:If you want all steps to glide then it's easier to set teh step length to 101%.
To glide individual steps alt + click will do the trick.
Are you using Falcon 1.4.1 ?
yes it seems the atl click does nothing? maybe i m doing something wrong or there is a bug

maybe you have a preset to share with it working.

edit:now it s working as it should, i was doing something wrong probably... :D

Return to “Instruments”