Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

^ this ^
A well-behaved signature.

BlackWinny wrote:A GREAT DAY, TODAY !

Grazie di mille Bruno for that hard but splendid work you offer to us !
You're welcome :tu:
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

simmo75 wrote:The mac demo is a mess... There's no installer, it's DIY. Nasty test tone every 30 seconds & notes keep getting stuck on. Would love to demo it but the pops and crackles, stuck notes and test tones are murder!

Edit: when it's working it sounds really good!
Hi !

yes installing the demo version on both macOS or Windows just requires to manually copy/paste the plugins and the library files in their proper folders. I made a step by step tutorial for this, it is extremely simple and quick (and transparent) procedure. Just be sure to read this tutorial and it will be very simple to do ! :) You'll find the tutorial inside the product package.

The pop and crackles are due exclusively to the higher CPU demand compared to version 2.x. LittleOne version 3.0 is naturally born with one aim : to represent an accurate, bold analogue sound, and it required much more CPU power than in previous versions. Its CPU hunger is currently similar to all other softwâe emulations that put accuracy at the first place.

About the demo limitations, a demo signal is introduced every 30 seconds and the voice/synth number 4 is disabled. Please let me know, if 30 seconds is too much or if the "sine test/demo tone" is too much loud, my apologies ! I can set it to be introduced every 60 seconds for example... No problem, just let me know !

Aloysius wrote:Downloaded. Thanks. :)

Update:

Ableton can't see it. I have rescanned.

C:\VST Plugins (32bit)\Xhun Audio\LittleOne.dll - Shortcut

VST2 located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
Hi Aloysius,

if you are using a Windows 64-bit OS, put the :

1-
64-bit plugins in c:\program files\... as described in the tutorial

2-
but be sure to place the 32-bit plugins in
c:\program files (x86)\...
and not in c:\program files\... as they are 64-bit only.

It could happen :)

Thank you. :)

Windows 7 64bit OS. 32bit Ableton.

My bad. I'll give it a go when I get a chance later on.

On Windows (32-bit) it is possible to install only 32-bit plugins.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\LittleOne.dll

On Windows (64-bit) it is possible to install both 32-bit plugins and/or 64-bit plugins.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST2\LittleOne.dll

:tu:

QUICK UPDATE: Everything seems to be functioning 100%. Awesome. :D
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Tp3 wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:
Tp3 wrote:I get no sound coming out of LO... :(
Does it say "Not Authorized"? I had that problem too until I removed the space in the "Xhun Audio" folder.
OK thank.

Actually, I REMOVED the space and it worked. go figure....

Now I can hear the synth (it say AUTHORIED) but the preset system doesn't work

Bruno, help ?... :scared:
Hey,
there are no "typos" in the tutorial, just be sure when copying the text from a .pdf file, that any space is "automatically" added to the copied string by the OS (which is responsible for the "copy text" operation)...

The "XhunAudio" folder has no spaces.

To install the product, both the plugins and the library folder have to be copied on your system. Is it something that requires 30 seconds, but it is mandatory also to read the instructions/tutorial. Also if it could seem boring to do, if you read all the tutorial/instructions first (it is just a few lines long) you'll save a lot of time than trying to install otherwise! :)
Last edited by xhunaudio on Fri May 05, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A lot of presets are heavy on ye olde CPU. I can live with it though. I'll have to. :)

JerGoertz wrote:Okay, a couple of bugs:

- when playing a mono patch, releasing a note which isn't the latest note triggered, will re-trigger the latest note (noticed specifically on Film Strings)

- plugin interface will randomly switch to C panel

- when reloading a project, the patch loaded seems to be off by one position

Otherwise, still loving the sound. :phones:

Win7 64 bit, Cubase 6.5 32 bit, VST2
Thank you Jeremiah,

I'll check it !

Aloysius wrote:A lot of presets are heavy on ye olde CPU. I can live with it though. I'll have to. :)
The most *insidious* ones :D are :

1- polyphonic presets (specially the ones with a looong release time).

2- presets with the resonator-based reverb enabled in the rack (but I think it worths it :phones: )

+1 :)

About the demo limitations, a demo signal is introduced every 30 seconds and the voice/synth number 4 is disabled. Please let me know, if 30 seconds is too much or if the "sine test/demo tone" is too much loud, my apologies ! I can set it to be introduced every 60 seconds for example... No problem, just let me know !
Thanks for detailed reply, much appreciated.

Every 30 seconds is too much, especially with that horrible tone. Any chance you can change it to something quieter, like what U-he do for example?

You didn't mention the notes getting stuck on, is this just a demo glitch or a mac glitch?

Cheers.
Last edited by simmo75 on Fri May 05, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xhunaudio wrote:
simmo75 wrote:The mac demo is a mess... There's no installer, it's DIY. Nasty test tone every 30 seconds & notes keep getting stuck on. Would love to demo it but the pops and crackles, stuck notes and test tones are murder!

Edit: when it's working it sounds really good!
60 seconds would be better but lowering the volume of the demo tone is essential I think. :?
바보

Hi simmo75 and bftucker,

ok no problem, I can both set the interrupting signal to 60 seconds and lower the amplitude of the signal. My apologies, maybe I didn't spend so much time playing the demo version and maybe after a long time it could result too much unpleasant to listen. Available in the next update!

sorry nevermind... :(

Return to “Instruments”