Here's How It Works:
- 1.Download our synth of the month here
2. You make an awesome track before the 1st of next month using only the chosen synth and some effects *Rules Apply*
3. Announce your submission here on this thread, with proper details
4. Submit your soundcloud link here following the correct format for title, download enabled, and submission description. Your song will be picked up on the OSC player
5. Once submissions are over, the voting starts - you *MUST* vote to get a ranking or prize
6. The voting link will be posted on the 1st, and OP will be updated.
7. Maybe you win? You meet new friends? Learn something new?
8. Most importantly... have fun!
**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More
Community Patches to get you started:
* Daru925 - Ultimate drum collection
* Snare by Taron
* Basic drums by Taron
* Choir patch by Taron
* Peter H - vocal 'k' experiment
* A Indian like Pluck by Taron
Submissions will show up here (may be a long delay before showing up): (n/a)
Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here
An extremely versatile synth, and a subset of the fully featured Zebra 2: "Zebralette has two LFOs (one per voice, one global), a multi-stage envelope and three on-board effects (chorus, EQ, delay). Not forgetting Zebra2's famous dual spectral effects, which include several squelchy filter algorithms."
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)
Soundemote and Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.
U-he: Plugin of choice
Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset
KV331 Audio : Synthmaster One
Sonimus : Any one Plugin
Tritik : Echorus (effect plugin)
Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.
Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)
NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer
Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions
Dmitry Sches : Diversion
KV331 Audio : Synthmaster
Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset
The FXB Project by alvfaria : Any 3 commercial sound banks. See the main site here
Guda Audio : Euterpe XL
Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3
Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster
satYatunes : One of any commercial product
Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product
Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice
Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset
The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice
Rob Lee Music or here : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune
Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.
Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.
Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)
Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)
Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick
Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect
Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice
Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)
Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²
LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy
Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice
Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice
Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread
Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
- DiHalt Demoscene competitions
- Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
- KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
- Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
- RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
- Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
- Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.