One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-3100 FB-3200 FB-3300

Alrighty! :party:

Folks, what should I say... thanks to all of you! :hyper:

Cheers, Björn

Found a pretty significant bug (I think) in the mac version of 3100 using Ableton Live..

Everytime I start and stop playback the Resonators section resets to default- the ui doesn't reset but the sound/parameters do.

So I guess I'll try the 3300 since that's a thing. I liked the challenge of trying to make the 3100 do my bidding.

*Edit*
Oh wait, the 3300 is just the 3100x3... Even more quirky fun :)

*Edit 2*
Looks like the Resonators bug only happens in the AU version. So VST it is.
Last edited by jasinski on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

this synth uses like - NONE of my CPU
is it vegan?
I'm gonna layer like a MOFO this challenge.

generaldiomedes wrote:Voting yes to include all three.

No way to increase that GUI size eh? Damn.
Sure there is. Just get a shittier monitor :lol:

sqigls wrote:this synth uses like - NONE of my CPU
is it vegan?
I'm gonna layer like a MOFO this challenge.
Yarrr , lets see if someone beats the instance # record (currently being at 147 by kokkete, as far as I know)

:hihi: making a cheesy, cheesy, cutesy little test...
https://soundcloud.com/taronium/fb3xxx-lullaby/s-pilgv

It's awefully addicting this stupid little piece... so I torture you ALL with this! But I spare you the loop! :hihi:
I think, the synth sounds really very juicy and nice, but it's total horror to program. NOT FULL BUCKET'S FAULT, in fact, this is probably a stroke of genius for all I know, because I totally believe it's a 1:1 translation and I can almost feel the Korg-ish sound, which I actually like! :)

Anyway...if my brief exposure to it is any indication... Oh, help us!
Right after Thorn gave us a chance to work with next to no external effects, this round will be likely ruled by them. In this silly little test up there I've mostly just used a bit of Abstract chamber, but a heavy saturation on the little snare-like drum at the end and some EQ on the hihat-like tings... uhm... it will probably be hell! But hey, we've winged freaking Noisetar (another stroke of genius in itself, but...ehm...you know what I mean!)

Taron wrote::hihi: making a cheesy, cheesy, cutesy little test...
https://soundcloud.com/taronium/fb3xxx-lullaby/s-pilgv

It's awefully addicting this stupid little piece... so I torture you ALL with this! But I spare you the loop! :hihi:
I think, the synth sounds really very juicy and nice, but it's total horror to program. NOT FULL BUCKET'S FAULT, in fact, this is probably a stroke of genius for all I know, because I totally believe it's a 1:1 translation and I can almost feel the Korg-ish sound, which I actually like! :)

Anyway...if my brief exposure to it is any indication... Oh, help us!
Right after Thorn gave us a chance to work with next to no external effects, this round will be likely ruled by them. In this silly little test up there I've mostly just used a bit of Abstract chamber, but a heavy saturation on the little snare-like drum at the end and some EQ on the hihat-like tings... uhm... it will probably be hell! But hey, we've winged freaking Noisetar (another stroke of genius in itself, but...ehm...you know what I mean!)
Sounds a hell of a lot better than what I've come up with.

I'm just using presets because I can't be bothered straining my eyes on the microscopic controls.

Will probably knock this piece out in a few hours and take my rightful place at the bottom of the list.

I just needed something to do to get my mind off of work for a while and this was a nice distraction.

You know, I used a bunch of presets, too. That beautiful simple sequence rhythm thingy was kinda pleasant. The main accompaniment is a custom preset from scratch... don't remember about the other two lead like sounds, but the string like pad is a preset, too. The "drums" :roll: are from scratch, of course.

I just updated the track preview with a milder mixing and a less harsh cut at the end, hehe! Felt it was a little too nasty. :scared:

Yay!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I think I need to break out the manual :dog:
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

I'm having the same trouble as Jasinski did but with the MSG1. It's set to modulate the filter cut-off, I save it, but as soon as I either re-start the sequence, or close the GUI and run the track it forgets i's setting. I can only get it to play properly if I switch to the saved patch while it's playing. Bug in AU version? I'm using Logic Pro X.

Well, here it is. Probably the shortest I've ever spent on any song in my life. Just can't really get into these anymore.

Cubase 7.0.7

6 instances total of FB 3100, 3200, 3300

FX Used

Voxengo Curve EQ
Steinberg Vintage Compressor
Tal Reverb 2
Limiter 6
Steinberg GEQ 30
Baxter EQ
Freeverb3 Compressor
TAL Reverb 3
Cubase Compressor
Cubase Ping Pong Delay
Cubase DJ EQ
Cubase Limiter
Cubase Multiband Compressor

Oddly, I actually like this for whatever reason. But, whatever.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... et-osc-106

AAHHH, I just figured out how I can make "noise", using AM and the MG1 on W.
Neat! 8)
...just updated my little experimental cheese. :phones:

wagtunes wrote: Voxengo Curve EQ
Hi Wags
I like your tune :)
Just a heads up: Voxengo Curve is not free - you might want to change that?

Return to “Instruments”