RMV Round Robin

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can't seem to find a mention of it in the manual and it isn't immediately jumping out at me how to do it, anyone got any ideas ?
Only bought it last week or so to use with our Ekit and i am sure that RMV can do Round Robin right ?

Cheers
NAS
Omerta

I really hope I am wrong, but my understanding that it cannot and does not do round robin. However the effects/compressor have a "varizer" setting that makes each sample a little different when triggered. Not quite the sample, but a little human/mistake/difference is added each time.

BTW, how do you feel about the sample banks and organization? Drives me f**king mad... I have no clue if the kit is electronic or acoustic and takes a long time to find good suitable sounds. I find that the included loops are pretty much the worst things I have ever heard... maybe I am doing something wrong, but even the "rock" sounds like glitch.

Yeah if it doesn't do Round Robin it will be going in the marketplace here at KVR i think
I don't really rate the included content (I create my own anyway so no issue) but the plugin has some serious issues and it doesn't look like it gets updated much (Things like no round robin, no way to name slices, no way to drop slices wherever you want which means losing all your previous slice placements if you wish to add an extra slice, the list goes on and on)

It's a shame because it could really be up with the best plugins out there with a few updates.

NAS
Omerta

I am going to hold out on selling it for now actually, want to see what Peter has to say about Round Robin (pre v 503 he mentioned it was done just not in yet) and i have to admit the CPU is very low for the amount of options you have on tap.

Really hoping he can get an update out that sorts this issue ;)

AS
Omerta

It really is quite an impressive layout of features GUI wise IMO, but there are some serious flaws like you mentioned. As for the content, I just would expect to find a few good/quality drum kits, but it seems like most are REALLY poor and very poorly organized/named.

I am debating selling mine also... not quite living up to their advertising slogan... may switch to Battery.

I did expect a reply on this from Peter, even if it was a no
Shame really

NAS
Omerta

I'm not browsing here often, sorry. Round Robin was coded from first version on, but never put to live as the demand was pretty zero (particularly because of the varizer).

The playback order of slices is always changed in the host, everything else just end up in total confusion, from my experience. You drag over the MIDI to your host and there you go, never heard of anybody asking for something else.

And yes, we not do many updates, only bugfixes. Mainly because we slammed everything in we thought would make sense, and so far responce was not bad about this approach. We're a bit different maybe in respect to adding everything one can think of and rather focus on whats asked for most often.

Saying that you don't think round robin is needed is a little strange really, to be perfectly honest the only way to get natural acoustic drum patterns based on samples is to use Round Robin, otherwise you get the machine gun effect and the variser may work well in your experience but round robin is needed.
It's a huge shame because besides that one missing feature RMV is one of the best drum modules out there.

Is there a different Linplug support forum i should be visiting if you are not going to be reading here much ????
Omerta

this here is the perfect place to be :-)

Peter i don't suppose you fancy whipping up a quick pad tie MIDI plugin then do you hehe
Basically it would be a MIDI round robin, so every time it receives the same note number it triggers a different pad
Give the user the choice of what note triggers which other pads

That would solve the round robin thing, I would be happy to pay a small fee for that and i am sure not only RMV users would, but also others who have no round robin in there chosen sample weapon.

Sorry to keep going on about it , but damn if i haven't fallen in love with this bloody thing now hahahahaha

NAS
Omerta

I count your vote, but I cant promise anything at the moment .

+1 for round robin.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

+1 for round robin!

^ The only feature i felt was really missing from RMV. Was looking to replace RMV with something else earlier this year because of it but I came back to RMV anyway as I like the work flow too much, its easy to use with a few key features i like that other samplers didn't seem to have. Round robin would make it perfect tho :D

+1 for round robin.
i like the varizer but was shocked to find no round robin feature : i took it to be a prerequisite for a quality drum machine incorporating sample playback . it's a shame as the unit has a lot to offer elsewhere but it sounds like this is not going to appear after this long.

Return to “LinPlug”