Spectral - While FL Studio 11 host play is running, manually held note stops at end of pattern

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Having an apparent issue with Spectral 32-bit Win VST, running under FL Studio 11.0.4 (also 32-bit) which seems different than most other VSTi plugins I have;

Loaded Spectral VSTi only, which works fine when host play is stopped; but while running the host play, if I hold a note manually on my keyboard, the sound comes from Spectral only until the end of the pattern defined in FL Studio, and then stops (this occurs whether or not song/pattern mode in FL Studio is selected).

Most other VSTis will continue playing the note as long as the key is held past the pattern boundary while host play mode is on.

Maybe some parameter I can check, or something else?

Thanks

Update:
this behavior doesn't occur on all presets, but does on others
Here are some examples from the first presets in the "Demo Sounds" bank:

issue occurs on presets:
1 note love it bt
2 Meathouse vv
Attempt-At-Alias ym

but not on presets:
3 Cousteau's Space
Airy Riser vv
Astral Horn ja

I seem not be able to reproduce it.

What happens here is that when you press Stop in FL Studio the sound stops too (there is some setting in FL Studio which I currently cant remember, something like "reset on stop" which sends a reset to the plugin), however, I cannot seem to get the (manually played) sounds to stop at any other occasion ...

Right - when you press stop the sound stops, that is by design and works as expected.
What I'm talking about is pressing host play and letting it continue playing, hold a key on keyboard and hear the sound, watch the host continue to play (whether or not the pattern has notes in it already), when the counter hits the end of the pattern length and restarts back at the beginning of the pattern, the note being manually played stops making the sound (for those example presets above.) Only after that
do I hit host stop.

I've been trying various switches in FL Studio settings on/off and other things to see if it changes the behavior, haven't been able to find one that will allow the note played to continue past end of pattern boundary while host is playing

Thanks for the further description, now I got it :) I can reproduce it here and it smells like a bug in Spectral, I will check it and get back once I know more.

Thanks for looking into it

Yes, its a bug in Spectral. Expect that to be fixed with the next update.

Return to “LinPlug”