Spectral on middle-aged DAW ?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I've recently "upgraded" my DAW to a Q9650 C2D Quad cpu, and 8 GB RAM (with new Win 7 32 & 64 bit partitions).

I see from the website you mention i3/5/7 processors or equivalent.

Before I download the demo, any idea how Spectral will perform on my new cpu ?

Thanks
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio

I am using Spectral on a Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.4 GHz) dekstop PC and a Core 2 Duo (2 x 2.53 Ghz) notebook. CPU load could be high, especially at the notebook, but it is usable on both computers. CPU load also depends on the patch you use (e.g. Unison etc.). The Unison is called "Spread voices" at the Osc section. It also depends on how many Oscs are activated where each could have it's own Unison and filter.

In average use i usually do not have big problems.

Anyway you could check the demo version of Spectral yourself to see the performance at your system.

link:
http://www.linplug.com/spectral.html

The demo download is identical to the full version but without purchasing a serial number there are demo restictions.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Just download the demo and try yourself, thats less guessing and gives you quicker and more reliable results

Ingonator wrote:I am using Spectral on a Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.4 GHz) dekstop PC and a Core 2 Duo (2 x 2.53 Ghz) notebook. CPU load could be high, especially at the notebook, but it is usable on both computers. CPU load also depends on the patch you use (e.g. Unison etc.). The Unison is called "Spread voices" at the Osc section. It also depends on how many Oscs are activated where each could have it's own Unison and filter.

In average use i usually do not have big problems.

Anyway you could check the demo version of Spectral yourself to see the performance at your system.

link:
http://www.linplug.com/spectral.html

The demo download is identical to the full version but without purchasing a serial number there are demo restictions.

Ingo
Ingo it would be very cool if you were making a bank for Spectral - esp something as good as your PPG ambient one.

Return to “LinPlug”