Alpha 3 LE, new version with Beat issue 102 ?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The May issue of Beat features Alpha 3 LE on the cover disc

I'm hoping this is a new LE version based on the latest Alpha revision, and not a repackaging of Alpha CM.

Anybody can confirm what to expect here?

Its something between Free Alpha 3.3 and Alpha 3.3, its not an old Alpha CM. Alpha CM is updated too btw. You can see a screenshot of all of them at our website

http://www.linplug.com

I see a FM knob. :) And some (1)-(2)-(N) knob which i'm not sure about now. Anyway, looks like i'll be buying that issue. :) Edit: Ok, it's all in the manual i see now.

Cool that this will be an updated version based on the 3.3 :tu:

I really hope that the size of the GUI will be based on the full version and not Free Alpha, as that is really tiny on hi-res screens and is difficult to read.
chk071 wrote:Anyway, looks like i'll be buying that issue. :) Edit: Ok, it's all in the manual i see now.
But seems the CM version also will get updated so that the CM and Beat LE version is gonna be the same.

And then you can pick up Alpha CM via CM Vault for free, if you already have registered an issue there, as Alpha CM is included in the CM Studio.

Alpha CM and Alpha Beat are not the same, however, as in all "free" Synth the GUI cant be scaled on these.

chk071 wrote:I see a FM knob. :) And some (1)-(2)-(N) knob which i'm not sure about now. Anyway, looks like i'll be buying that issue. :) Edit: Ok, it's all in the manual i see now.
I got the mag today, and have installed.

Main difference between Beat LE version and the FreeAlpha is that you get access to the FM knob in Beat LE (The 1/2/N is "Filter FM Source" a choice between either Osc1, Osc2, or Noise)

But Beat LE hasn't got the Ring Modulator on OSC2 like the CM version has, so I guess that is the difference there.

The Beat promo says "Druckvoller Analog-Allrounder für Bässe, Leads, Arps & Co" :)

But Arps?: Except the LFO, is there an arpeggiator somewhere?

No internal arpeggiator, the Alpha is limited to what is essential ... and I hear you crying, but an arp IS essential. Maybe next version, but we want to keep it simple, as thats what people usually buy it for ;)

Peter from LinPlug wrote:No internal arpeggiator, the Alpha is limited to what is essential ... and I hear you crying, but and arp IS essential. Maybe next version, but we want to keep it simple, as thats what people usually buy it for ;)
An arp is nice, but not essential :wink:

It's pretty easy to hook up Alpha Beat with an arp plug that can drive it in FL Studio (and other DAWs)

Very happy testing out Alpha Beat, it sounds great, and the FM section is really powerful and potent :tu:

Numanoid wrote: An arp is nice, but not essential :wink:

It's pretty easy to hook up Alpha Beat with an arp plug that can drive it in FL Studio (and other DAWs)
Agreed. The only "problem" is you cannot save arp pattern with sound program as a patch. Otherwise I feel the same.

Return to “LinPlug”