RM iV in blue

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi peter, I use RM IV as my main percussion/drum sampler VST. I made some modifications to the GUI
that i would like to share over on the instruments forum. but before i do, i wanted to get your blessing
on it and permission on how i can share it, i can provide the resources in a zip file to be used with reshacker
OR provide a DLL in a zip file with the GUI mod already done.
i would understand if you do not wish for me to release the GUI mod in any form at all.

who knows, maybe you could re-release it with ,my GUI mod?

look forward to your response.
cheerss

EDIT:

Peter gave the go ahead so.....

you can download the zipped DLL file from here:

this is version 4.12c win x32
https://app.box.com/s/glmfwtdaz7pk3xu2drej

this is version 4.14d win x32
https://app.box.com/s/dl8d14mlzgr0tznxdrc8

simply replace the original DLL with this version.
if you don't already have a license, this version
will operate in demo mode just like the original.

also, the DLL will not work without installing RMiV
from the original installer.
download for V4.14d (latest update) 449mb
http://www.linplug.de/stock/rm/RMIV%20I ... 20414d.exe

enjoy!
:x
Last edited by layzer on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I like everything but the Faders/Fader Lanes. But I'd much rather see a new skin for the RMV.....I don't like green........ :hihi:

But I'm pretty sure it's against the EULA to hack the .dll :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I like everything but the Faders/Fader Lanes. But I'd much rather see a new skin for the RMV.....I don't like green........ :hihi:

But I'm pretty sure it's against the EULA to hack the .dll :?
glad you like it tek, i may revisit the larger slider lanes. but they are staying
as i dont like sliders just sticking up out of the surface!

i tried RMV but found it to be overkill as a workhorse drumsampler with all the complicated loop stuff..

Hi layzer,
feel free to release it, no problem !
Peter
ps.: looks good
pps.: Teksonik, you should try CrX4 then :P

layzer wrote: glad you like it tek, i may revisit the larger slider lanes. but they are staying
as i dont like sliders just sticking up out of the surface!
I think it's just that the line on the fader handle doesn't go all the way across that bothers me.......... :)
Peter from LinPlug wrote:pps.: Teksonik, you should try CrX4 then :P
Akkkkkk ! Too much green............ :hihi:

Peter do you suppose there will ever be an optional color scheme for RMV ? It's not a big deal but I'd still like to see a non-green version........ :)

There isn't a 64 bit version of RM IV is there ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Hi layzer,
feel free to release it, no problem !
Peter
ps.: looks good
pps.: Teksonik, you should try CrX4 then :P
awesome! thank you, Peter! :hail: I know it was supposed to be replaced by RMV, but like i told Tek,
I am a minimalist, take only what you need on a trip kind of guy. too bad it is not sold/supported
on your corporate site anymore, after releasing my version, you just might get people wanting to buy
a license for it!

Dave

I imagine the lack of a 64 bit version would seriously hamper any future sales and I'm not too sure Linplug wants to start supporting a legacy product again............

well, i'm not moving to 64bit anytime soon. i don't do any 5million pixels per square inch video productions
that require more than 3gb of system ram anyway. and theres alot of 32bit plugs that i'd hate to lose moving to
x64. not gonna do the bridge slop either. even when windows gets to being 1024bit windows 100, supporting a trillion gigs of ram....i will still be running XP X32 with all my antique VST's in my hybrid Hardware/software music lab.

That's nice for you and although my studio computer is 64 bit the computer I'm typing this message on is still running WinXP 32 bit but my point is that the lack of a 64 bit version of RM IV would likely hamper any future sales....to other people....that it wouldn't make sense for Linplug to put it back up for sale and then spend resources supporting a legacy product.

By the way we've already seen a 64 bit only plugin and I imagine we'll see more and more as time goes on so maybe at some point before Windows 100 is released you may be motivated to update..........

I see in your signature that you own a VFX. Do you have any .sysex banks for it ? :)

Teksonik wrote:
I see in your signature that you own a VFX. Do you have any .sysex banks for it ? :)
have you grabbed this collection? great for starting places to tweak your own patch creations!

http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/ensoniq_vfx/vfx_patches.html

Yes thanks, I've already downloaded those and everything else found with a Google/Bing search. I had every intention of creating a bunch of my own VFX patches but after having worked with softsynths for so long I can no longer tolerate programming my hardware synths from their tiny displays......... :hihi:

Back in the day I used an Atari ST program called X-OR for patch creation on my ESQ-1 etc but I've only owned the VFX for a couple of years. Couldn't find any PC replacement for X-OR at a reasonable cost. I guess we can run STeam but that's way too much work getting ST programs to work on the PC.

Anyway back on topic thanks for sharing the RMIV skin. I'll give it a try. :)

funny you should mention fustration with programming tiny hardware displays.
i discovered CTRLR a midi editor application that allows you to create
custom editors for any synth capable of sysex or CC control. i have created
editors for my T2, SY77, TX802, MKS50 and M1000. i rarely touch the buttons on the synths!

the only editor i know of for the VFX is midiquest and sounddiver, but ugh...man they are ugly!

i am making a "quick" editor for the VFX with CTRLR.
it will allow patch editing for the purpose of tweaking
existing patches...ie; changing osc voices, envelope times, volume, panning, lfo and pitch parameters.

if you want, i can send you a copy when it's done.

hehe sorry for the drift from the subject Pete. :oops:

Yes that would be nice ! I'd love to try the editor when you get finished.

Oh and sorry to Peter as well............( any bump is a good bump I guess ) :hihi:

I started a VFX thread in the hardware forum to ask an unrelated question so if you want to take it over there that would be cool......... :)

Oh and now since you have permission maybe if you post your new skin in the Instruments forum it might generate more interest........seems not to have reached as many people here.....

Return to “LinPlug”