Spectral Sound browser

RELATED
PRODUCTS

To me it would be better if Spectral supported an extra level of banks so we could have a single folder for one bank with subfolders by type/category instead of having to have the subfolders all together with other banks.

Also can you please change the browser behaviour so it doesn't close as soon as I click on a patch? - this constant opening and closing is distracting when I am trying to find sounds or audition a new bank.

--------------------------------------------------------
move to a new thread to keep a certain order
Peter from LinPlug

aMUSEd wrote:Also can you please change the browser behaviour so it doesn't close as soon as I click on a patch? - this constant opening and closing is distracting when I am trying to find sounds or audition a new bank.
+1.

Phase47 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Also can you please change the browser behaviour so it doesn't close as soon as I click on a patch? - this constant opening and closing is distracting when I am trying to find sounds or audition a new bank.
+1.
Plus 2

Thanks for the explanation, Peter.
aMUSEd wrote:To me it would be better if Spectral supported an extra level of banks so we could have a single folder for one bank with subfolders by type/category instead of having to have the subfolders all together with other banks.
+1 for this. There are so many folders on the one level, that's a huge amount of scrolling.

I recall having an issue with Albino sone time ago which Pavol finally got to the bottom of- that was because of the number of presets in a bank or something.

Browser improvements are unspectacular when attracting new customers perhaps but make a huge difference in everyday workflow for busy people, especially with huge numbers of sounds.

I like the way Alchemy or Omnisphere do this for instance: you can create projects, favourites, etc. Ideally, the User should be able to create a folder structure which works best for him or her.

Thanks

RR
Intel Mac, OSX 10.8x, RME Fireface, Logic 9

aMUSEd wrote:To me it would be better if Spectral supported an extra level of banks so we could have a single folder for one bank with subfolders by type/category instead of having to have the subfolders all together with other banks.

Also can you please change the browser behaviour so it doesn't close as soon as I click on a patch? - this constant opening and closing is distracting when I am trying to find sounds or audition a new bank.
Agree on both suggestions.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Phase47 wrote:
+1.
Plus 2
+3 or 4 or whatever

jc_vt wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Phase47 wrote:
+1.
Plus 2
+3 or 4 or whatever
Ever had a look at the options page ?
Just disable "Autoclose on program select"
Voila...

Cheers :wink:

haha - no I guess none of us did (or realised that it meant the browser) - thanks, that was annoying me.

Yeah, maybe it should better read "Autoclose browser on program select".

Cheers

Pheew! The fastest feature implementation ever! :lol:

Thanks Losan!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

LOL - thank's for the hotfix, losan!

rikki rivett wrote:
There are so many folders on the one level, that's a huge amount of scrolling.
I think I have all banks and I dont see how one could get into scrolling there ?

Peter from LinPlug wrote:
rikki rivett wrote:
I think I have all banks and I dont see how one could get into scrolling there ?
Subfolders :!:

Peter from LinPlug wrote:
rikki rivett wrote:
@ Peter, sorry, I wasn't at my workstation when replying and got "browser confusion": between Albino & Spectral :ud:

Spectral's browser is actually not bad. It would be nice though to have another layer of folders supported. These days, we all have so many sounds, organising them is a challenge so anything which can help is good.

Thanks again for always listening & responding!

Cheers

RR
Intel Mac, OSX 10.8x, RME Fireface, Logic 9

Ok, no problem Ricky, thank you!
we will think about it.

Return to “LinPlug”