Effectrix as a plugin

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using Effectrix on windows 7 64 bit sp1
I have installed the program using all the default settings. I can run the program just fine in the stand alone version, that works great. My problem is Effectrix does not show up as a selectable plugin in any of the DAW programs I use. It doesnt show up in Sony Acid, but if i navigate through the explorer window to a sub folder for "unavailalbe plugins" in my plugins folder i see it there... but I cannot use the program. It doesnt show up at all in ableton live (i know live cant access the 64 bit version, both versions of effectrix are installed), doesnt show up in pro tools, etc.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, copying program files to other plugin folders... i have searched on google trying to figure this out and have had no luck. I would really like to use this program in one of my daw programs...its not very productive trying to use this program by going to the stand alone version and importing/exporting back and forth.

I have many other plugins that work just fine and havent had any issues, this is the only one I am having trouble with and i cannot figure out what is going wrong. I appreciate any assistance you would be willing to provide. Thank you!

Hi smokemonster,

do you have the latest version installed? If not, please download and install Effectrix again and make sure to enable all flavours. (AAX in the installer is not selected by default!)

Just to make sure, please note that all 64-bit plugins are in in C:\Program Files and your 32-bit plugins are located in C:\Program Files (x86).

Default installation paths for the 32-bit version:
VST C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins
RTAS C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
AAX C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

Default installation paths for the 64-bit version:
VST C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2
AAX C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

Please doublecheck that these files also exist in the paths you specified in your DAWs.
Make sure you have installed the correct version (32- or 64-bit). You can check if your DAW is running in 64-bit or 32-bit mode by opening the Task Manager while it's running.

Then please force a plugin rescan and look for an option to reset the blacklist.

At least in Ableton Live it can happen that a plugin gets marked as unloadable and will not be rescanned automatically.
You have to force a rescan by unchecking and checking the 'Use custom VST Folder' checkbox in Preferences/File Folder/Plug-In Sources.

If it still doesn't work, did you try running your DAWs as administrator ?
Maybe this solves the problem.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”