Factory is awesome

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very inspiring instrument.....being able to randomize the matrix brings instant weirdness out of this synth....can't wait to use Obscurium as a modulator :tu: ....I can't seem to freeze tracks in Ableton 9 when using Factory, I hope this is a demo limitation....

CIRCUITWASTE wrote:Very inspiring instrument.....being able to randomize the matrix brings instant weirdness out of this synth....can't wait to use Obscurium as a modulator :tu: ....I can't seem to freeze tracks in Ableton 9 when using Factory, I hope this is a demo limitation....
resample for now ;) i'm fairly certain this is a rendering block on the demo... seen it before.

hi Sugar-Bytes, nice work here, really. imaginative in several respects. i wonder if you could please add "mutes" to the Sources as well, this would make the modulation functions for the matrix itself even more powerful (and a little more usable in many respects) thanks for your time.

oh and is there any way to get a clean signal going through the filter, without any drive whatsoever on one Osc while simultaneously feeding another through the drive pre- or post- filter?? i could rack up two instances of Fact but if there is a way to avoid that huge hit i would love to know. thanks again

Would also appreciate being able to have Legato triggering for Env 1 and 2 as well (right now they trigger with every note on event, but would like to have the option for Single Triggering). Also the ability to modulate them with Negative Velocity values. Loving this thing. some of these sounds I've never heard...Looking like a purchase when the next pay comes.

I'd love to try it but I still haven't heard from SB on the purchase options for bundle owners.

Hey SB I have a suggestion: when you roll our a product, let your bundle owners know first with a discount option if applicable, and then your general customer base or even at the same time would be better.

plexuss, newsletter for bundle owners went out on Wednesday and before the other stuff - should be with you, maybe in spam? You can always send us an email and we'll get back to you with a personalised link within an hour..

M

snigelx wrote:Would also appreciate being able to have Legato triggering for Env 1 and 2 as well (right now they trigger with every note on event, but would like to have the option for Single Triggering). Also the ability to modulate them with Negative Velocity values.
hi snigelx, please explain negative velocity modulation. (sure you found velocity among the matrix sources)
Adding the legato mode for polyphonix seems to be something we can add in 1.0.2. as it makes real sense.
The filter design comes a long way, back from the times when Factory was going to be kinda Music Easel interpretation.
It still carries that spirit in places, and one of the biggest features of these synths is limitation (in my experience at least).
Now I really understand that you would like a free signal flow as we have in cyclop, or two filters.
But I had to decide for the one or the other and I went for the flamingos.

Purchased it, really liking Factory particularly the Sequencing/Arp!

3 items that are pretty basic but are missing that I'll throw out for consideratioon in next release:
1. A readout of parameter values somewhere on the GUI.
2. 'Quantizing' knob/slider values - eg: delay times click to exact note values with synced with clocks.
3. Unison spread.

please find the unison spread on the arpiculation page :)
numeric values should be settled for the next update.
knobs with quantized modes like delay t or synced lfo rate, are only grafically unquantized. that will become more clear with value displays. i ditched them in the first place for romantic limitation reasons.

Sugar Bytes wrote:please find the unison spread on the arpiculation page :)
I see the Unisono slider... but it doesn't control stereo spread, does it? Am I missing something?
Sugar Bytes wrote:numeric values should be settled for the next update.

Cool, I look forward to it!
Sugar Bytes wrote: knobs with quantized modes like delay t or synced lfo rate, are only grafically unquantized. that will become more clear with value displays. i ditched them in the first place for romantic limitation reasons.

Ohhh... so if I, for example, put delay a little above or below 1/8 (so, say 1.1/8) it will actually 'quantize' or 'round' to be 1/8?
Good to hear.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”