Logic pro 8 and GUI sometimes not working

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I use sonibirth to design some very simple audio units. My problem is that as soon as i try them (even the AU that come with the install), and if they are GUI enabled, the simply most of the time don't work (the sliders don't spin and the displayed values don't change but the effects are changing).
When i say most of the time, it's because they sometimes work and sometimes don't, some au like width enhancer loads but i can't change any parameter on it. And it's only the GUI, if i don't enable it they work perfectly.

Did someone experience the same problem?

I'm under leopard on an imac and logic 8.0.1.

No one? I'm the only one that gets this? I've tried it on my macbook, my imac and i have the same problem...

Can anyone telle me at least if they can use the GUI mode inlogic 8 under leopard?

I can't tell for Leopard, but in Tiger the Sonicbirth plugins that Logic can load have a GUI.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of them that it didn't even recognize !

It has appeared that if I copy ALL the objects in a new circuit and export it, the new plugin version is generally loaded by Logic. The two circuits are exactly the sames, with the same parameters, but if the first one has been initially made with an older version of Sonicbirth, even if the plugin has been exported with the most recent build, sometimes the plugins don't load in Logic.
Of course, they load perfectly in every other host not made by Apple (the same problem happends with Soundtrack Pro)... and MOTU for another reason.

So perhaps can you eventually try this for your problem ? (but I doubt...)

Thanks for your response, i did not look at this thread for a long time and still did not solve the problem... I think that in leopard, they must have changed something to the gui rendering code and i really can't give up on leopard, i'm really too used to it.
The motu dp is normal since it can't use cocoa gui AU. But for examples they work perfectly in audacity or other apps. Even AULab renders it good.

For the au not loading in logic, it's not the same problem because they actually do load but the gui does not respond, i can change the parameters only if i chosse the parameter view. Your problem is due to the unic identifier of the au. If there's another au that has the same identifier, both won't load, i read it somewhere on the apple develloper site. So try to remove all the sonicbirth plugs using the installer or manually from the component folder (there are two of them one in root and the other in your user folder) and reinstall the new sonicbirth version, then rebuild your patches in the new sonicbirth version and changing the identifier, it worked for me.

Anyone in leopard got the same problem as i have?

Nobody is using logic here under leopard? If someone has the same problem, we can report it as a bug and if i'm the only one, just telle me and maybe i can figure out what's happening.

Return to “SonicBirth”