Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Ok beta 005 is up, changes:

- Now supports Tempo Changes correctly
- Default samples disabled for now
- Increased the random volumes minimum size in the main randomizers

With the volume differences there are lots of factors that can affect the volume of a sample such as attack, start time, the randomizers, Mod Seq, cutoff & resonance. You can switch off all the randomizers from the sequence screen which should help. The Global Randomizers is designed for pretty much extreme variety, if you want something more basic, use local randomizers. As an example yu can randomize just all samples via the R button to the left of the Sample Selector (the one on the right just does the current section).

I know there is a lot to take in with this thing, I'll try and get a start on the Manual next week :)

GJK, if you can give this one a try that would be sooper!

thanks
Andy
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Cordelia, I'm wondering if Reaper has a similar setting to FL8 which causes VSTs to reload on play. That could explain your latency issue possibly?

I'll get Reaper installed tomorrow and have a look, if you find anything let me know :)
GJK
KVRist
 
286 posts since 9 Nov, 2007

Postby GJK; Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:16 pm

I will download it right now... damn your coding fast... your awesome!!!:)
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:18 pm

lol sometimes it goes easy and sometimes it goes..... :x
GJK
KVRist
 
286 posts since 9 Nov, 2007

Postby GJK; Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:42 pm

right off the bat.. the whole even kit volume issue is much much improved.. i am getting much better results over all with the sounds..

i will test more tomorrow,,
User avatar
GermanFafian
KVRist
 
361 posts since 12 Dec, 2006, from Cologne, Germany

Postby GermanFafian; Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:25 am

GJK wrote:also.. when i press the stop button in fl while blackmagic is playing a beat there is a long freeze up with stuttering ect

Same here!
the freeze happens both when starting and when stopping.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
User avatar
GermanFafian
KVRist
 
361 posts since 12 Dec, 2006, from Cologne, Germany

Postby GermanFafian; Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:38 am

Ok. Beta 005
    -Tried with ASIO4All and i get the same lag but this time it only happens when starting FL.
    -While I like the step pattern idea i much rather use piano roll (personal thing with all drum machines) and i noticed that Velocity does nothing to the notes.
    -i haven't read the whole thread, so excuse me if this has been noted somewhere else. While using the random functions for the "randomness" FX the sample used changes too. Shouldn't this be separate from the sample choice as there is a random sample button already?
    -i will use Reaper to see how it behaves in there and will try to use the step sequencer to check if there is any other strange behaviours :wink:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
User avatar
GermanFafian
KVRist
 
361 posts since 12 Dec, 2006, from Cologne, Germany

Postby GermanFafian; Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:04 am

BTW. When unticking the randoms off in the main window I get a sudden 2% CPU spike. Don't know how important that might be, but I does not happen when I turn it on.
Isn't the Mixer window redundant with the main window's upper buttons? I prefer having the options together with their respective drum sample to tweak, but to each their own. 8)
EDIT 1; i turned off all FX and still get the lag when starting FL.
EDIT 2; i tried it inside Reaper and must say it works better than in FL :?
Everything seems to respond faster and "cleaner" i get no CPU spikes and the lag is non existent as far as i can tell.
Will keep testing along the day after i do some house cleaning and lunch for the kids :lol:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:37 am

GermanFafian wrote:
GJK wrote:also.. when i press the stop button in fl while blackmagic is playing a beat there is a long freeze up with stuttering ect

Same here!
the freeze happens both when starting and when stopping.


Did you switch off 'restart with play' in the audio settings as suggested above? It is switched on by default for some reason.
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:45 am

GermanFafian wrote:Ok. Beta 005
    -While I like the step pattern idea i much rather use piano roll (personal thing with all drum machines) and i noticed that Velocity does nothing to the notes.
    -i haven't read the whole thread, so excuse me if this has been noted somewhere else. While using the random functions for the "randomness" FX the sample used changes too. Shouldn't this be separate from the sample choice as there is a random sample button already?
    -i will use Reaper to see how it behaves in there and will try to use the step sequencer to check if there is any other strange behaviours :wink:


- the step sequencer is for creating loops for export, you have to use it via midi in a project. Please read earlier in the thread for detailed explanations of how it midi works to save me typing it all again :)

- Random fixed for the next version, that was a bug.
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:53 am

GermanFafian wrote:BTW. When unticking the randoms off in the main window I get a sudden 2% CPU spike. Don't know how important that might be, but I does not happen when I turn it on.


I'll check this out...

GermanFafian wrote: Isn't the Mixer window redundant with the main window's upper buttons? I prefer having the options together with their respective drum sample to tweak, but to each their own. 8)


Not at all, the mixer is an overview of 12 section parameters where you can see the relationship between all sections, randomize just Volumes or Pitches for instance, great for dubbing using the FX sends etc... You can of course ignore it if you don't want to use it :)

GermanFafian wrote:EDIT 1; i turned off all FX and still get the lag when starting FL.
EDIT 2; i tried it inside Reaper and must say it works better than in FL :?
Everything seems to respond faster and "cleaner" i get no CPU spikes and the lag is non existent as far as i can tell.
Will keep testing along the day after i do some house cleaning and lunch for the kids :lol:


I'm sure that switching off the 'reset on start' setting will solve this problem in FL. You have to either restart FL after changing the setting or do it before it is loaded.

thanks Andy
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:56 am

Oh and with velocity, it is probably the compressor that is making it feel there is a lack of response, try switching it off.
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 am

I just checked out the randoms off, and there is nothing I can do about the cpu usage when switching off, it is due to all values being set to 0, which then triggers all downstream stuff for an instant. When it is switched on the values only update on the next gate. It is basically the same cpu usage as triggering the sample with all of them switched on.
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
 
1628 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:46 am

Beta 006 released, changes:

- Fixed random randoms, doesn't change sample anymore
- Moved Clock, Filter and Pitch Mode from Master Section to the bottom of the Panel so they are always accessible.

Have started working on the Kit code now.
Az're-ul
KVRAF
 
3056 posts since 29 Mar, 2002, from 51°53'N 02°15'W

Postby Az're-ul; Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:08 am

Damn Andy you work fast, I've only just downloaded 005 :shock:

Could you send out emails when a new beta is ready or edit the thread title to include the beta version so that we'll know where we are?
其余的是噪音
PreviousNext

Moderator: Astralp

Return to Homegrown Sounds