Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Andy regarding the Squash button loading issue, I thought I might try it on a different machine. To see if it is computer related.

I tried it on the other machine (Daw, audio only) in reaper and it wouldn't even load, crashed every time.

The other machine has xp S2 is a amd XP 2600+. It should have DX9 installed. I am not sure about .Net versions. There are two installed audio cards. Asio4 all. Other vsts seem to load in reaper.

Could it be a sse 2 issue with the amd XP?

I am surprised it wouldn't run on a machine with almost nothing on it. :shock:

Will try a different host and beta 20 and 21 to see if there is any change.
Last edited by MarkSA on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It does require SSE but not SSE 2, did you install the sample pack as well?

I don't use dot.net, but it could possibly be some MS dll's which are out of date. Is there a reason you didn't install SP3? I run XP so it isn't an XP problem.

Good thinking, I will install the samples pack. :)

The daw machine isn't on the net, so it doesn't really get updated.

Well SP3 was a big update, definitely worth grabbing :)

After extensive testing on the DAW machine this what I discovered.

On Cantabile, it eventually loaded and the Squash Button worked.

On N track studio, it eventually loaded and the Squash Button worked.

On Reaper, it wouldn't load whatsoever. :x

So there is some machine specific things going on.

On my main machine it loads, but no load squash button.

I would need to test Vortex on a laptop/notebook.

How big of a download is SP3?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24

300+ meg, but I remember it made XP much more stable for DAWs.

Well I've recompiled the squash control for the next beta so see how it goes with that, hopefully it will fix it. On my machine it works every time... very odd one that, there's nothing fancy going on in the code I would expect that all popups would either work or not.

Is it the 32bit version of XP?

Did Reaper give you any message?

I'm using 32bit xp.

No messages with Reaper, crashed straight to desktop.

It's a puzzle for me :cry: I have no idea why Vortex does different things on different machines.

Try installing sp3, as I said it might include some updated C++ run-time libraries that Vortex needs or is causing conflicts. Vortex uses some MS SDK stuff especially for thing like the loading threads. I had lots of XP issues prior to SP3 back in the day, I thought that 98 was much more stable before that update came along.

/////////BETA 23 is UP!

* Fixed Note on issue from the cantabile keyboard.
* Major change to Synth Routing as requested now each synth has it's own output so the choice is now simply direct out which bypasses the FX and send s the dry signal to the host.
* Direct Outs now each have a limiter.
* Recompiled Scale Popup code.
* Altered the way notes are stored in preparation for polyphony, should be 100% backward compatible with saved projects.
* All VST Parameters correctly named
* Undo re-instated
* Loader Thread Priority reduced
* Paint Mode enabled for buttons, click and drag to paint the button rows enabled, hold CTRL to paint them disabled.
* Multi-Sequence Scale display was not selecting correctly.
* Added 4 new velocity Modes:
* Sequence % - Incoming Velocity forms a percentage for the sequence velocities so that every time a sequence is triggered the velocities will vary.
* Seq Random - Adds a random amount with every sequenced note, adjust the amount using the sequencers fixed velocity knob.
* Random Min - Randomizes the velocity for each sequenced note, the fixed velocity knob sets the lowest possible value.
* Random Max - Randomizes the velocity for each sequenced note, the fixed velocity knob sets the highest possible value.

Got quite a lot done today even a few requested features :)

* Recompiled Scale Popup code. Still doesn't work for me. Is there anyone else who can confirm it works or it doesn't?

* Paint Mode enabled for buttons, click and drag to paint the button rows enabled, hold CTRL to paint them disabled.

Don't really understand this apart you can paint notes.

Is the I button meant to be on at the same time as when you press the P button?

Getting some weird issues in Cantabile.

Initially loaded Vortex and triggered the default C sequence. Then i loaded an instance of Imposcar 2 demo and triggered that.

I doubled the sequence and painted in some notes. Then i enabled multi and the pattern began playing immediately but when i hit all notes off the sequencer light started flitting about randomly.

I quit Catabile and loaded it into FL and it was fine so updated Cantabile, reloaded Vortex and this time as soon as i enable multi the sequence starts playing.

Turning multi off causes sequences C/C# to remain latched, all notes off works but when i reenable multi the cycle is repeated.

Also enabling and disabling hold a few times changes the hits triggered in the drum pattern as if they're being transposed somehow. Finally doubling the pattern is causing an access violation followed by Cantabile crashing.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Thanks TJ, I'll try and recreate this tomorrow, I think the doubling bug may have been re-introduced with the change to the note storage system, it was quite a big change and I spent most of the time making sure it would be backwards compatible, so may have missed the doubling and quad. I'll tighten all that up tomorrow.

Is paint mode working alright for the rows?

I'm back here after long time (sorry Andy, but recently i was very busy) and I need learn Vortex anew, because lot of changes and new features... :)
MarkSA wrote:* Recompiled Scale Popup code. Still doesn't work for me. Is there anyone else who can confirm it works or it doesn't?

Yes, I confirm it. I can't open this pop-up in Studio One 2 (Vortex 23 Beta).

Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

No Problem Janusz, hope you like the changes!

I'll have to come up with another solution for the load button.

TJ, The Cantabile Notes off had me going for a while as it just hangs on my system, but then I discovered it causes a hang even when no plugins are loaded! So it seems to be a cantabile bug, can you confirm?

I've fixed double and quad in the next version.

Astralp wrote:No Problem Janusz, hope you like the changes!

I'll have to come up with another solution for the load button.

TJ, The Cantabile Notes off had me going for a while as it just hangs on my system, but then I discovered it causes a hang even when no plugins are loaded! So it seems to be a cantabile bug, can you confirm?

I've fixed double and quad in the next version.
Cantabile is hanging without anything loaded? Just tried playing with Geist for a while and no problems. Soon as i enable multi in Vortex it starts playing, disable it and the sequence goes haywire. Repeatedly pressing hold causes the sequence to change. Only way to stop it seems to be all notes off.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”