Vortex VSTi - Multi Timbral Groove Machine Beta

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also i'm having trouble drawing notes into the sequencer with paint mode in FL, most of the time it doesn't work.
You know you have to click on an active note to get it started? Otherwise it will draw velocities.
Clicking on the P to enable paint mode also enables I every time i press it.
Fixed in the next version, forgot about that one :)
Still having issues with paint mode on the trigger lanes, paints in ok but when i click to remove steps and move the mouse to the next step the step flashes on and off but i can remove each step by clicking on them individually.
Fixed in the next version :) Thanks TJ

Astralp wrote:
Also i'm having trouble drawing notes into the sequencer with paint mode in FL, most of the time it doesn't work.
You know you have to click on an active note to get it started? Otherwise it will draw velocities.
Clicking on the P to enable paint mode also enables I every time i press it.
Fixed in the next version, forgot about that one :)
Still having issues with paint mode on the trigger lanes, paints in ok but when i click to remove steps and move the mouse to the next step the step flashes on and off but i can remove each step by clicking on them individually.
Fixed in the next version :) Thanks TJ
Thanks! I need to rtfm thoroughly once everythings in, i've just been waiting till it's released so i don't have to relearn stuff as it changes but i'm forgetting these little details. :)
Astralp wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Cool. It was a couple of betas since it happened but it just reoccured now and yeah it was CC2 mode. I tried to reproduce it a few times but couldn't.
I've managed to recreate the CC Slider crash and put some more protection in place.

When using Shift was this also on the CCs?
No just a couple of times on the sequencer page.

Thanks for the default presets. :)

When i load an fxp or default fxb the names from the current bank remain. Maybe related but in beta 40 when i saved a preset it overwrote the one in the drop down list and still showed the original presets name even though i had renamed it. Should a new preset be added to the existing bank and should the name be updated whether overwriting or adding existing presets?

Cheers!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

fxb/fxp does this happen when using the internal FILE menu import/export? It's just below the Vortex Logo.

Yeah the internal file menu. I've saved a preset as Geist sequencer and it shows in the name panel but when i open the drop down menu it shows Full Force. In Cantabile when i reloaded in instance of Vortex the preset that i had saved from a previous beta showed correctly. :)

Fixed in the next release!

Andy ...

This reflects my bias, too, so take it with a grain of salt.

But! I really think you are going to get flack on release and potential complaints if you don't at least provide some descriptive name for the presets.

The don't have to be drop down menu visible, but at least a catalog of them in the manual.

I understand the random spontaneous view point, but if I want to add a guitar or synth sound for a sequence, I don't like scrolling through 40 presets to find one.

For me this is moot, as I plan to regularly use the midi out to my sound modules, but I think you are going to find a lot of people interested in the sound production from the internal synths unhappy.

I won't say this again, but just want to make sure you consider my point carefully before release. It would be awful to have what is in the big picture a minor thing be a flash point of negative reaction to Vortex.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

What about and/or putting presets into banks for different styles, internal synth type, midi or whatever? Cause i think people will save and upload things in bank formats assuming the presets respond to PCs then you could have entire songs or performances that you could load easily and keep things organised. :)

Hmmm, well it isn't really what I had in mind, I mean they are all 'synth' presets anyhow for the most part, there isn't really anything that sounds like guitars or pianos etc... so for anything non synthy you would have to use external instruments. There will be some more banks coming along which I will organise better, but due to backward compatibility the current ones must stay as they are.

In v1.1+ I will be developing the sound engine further, I was thinking of having a simple system where you could put 128 Wavs in a folder which would become a bank within Vortex all using a basic patch. If they were all named this wouldn't be as user friendly.

But, I'll think about it this week, I suppose I could provide a list in the manual of the basic type.

TJ - Not quite following you but the fxps always have everything within Vortex stored, but in v1.1 when I get around to the import/export stuff, there will also be a midi page import/export.

//// RC 2
* Fixed CC Slider crash that could happen.
* Paint Display Button now works correctly
* Paint Display now doesn't re-enable a disabled note when it has just been clicked.
* Preset List Menu now updates
* Installer now fetches the current install path if one exists

Astralp wrote:Hmmm, well it isn't really what I had in mind, I mean they are all 'synth' presets anyhow for the most part ...
Do you mean like bass synth sounds, pad synth sounds, lead synth sounds, fx synth sounds, perc synths sounds? :wink:

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Yep Something like that :)

Hi Andy,

I sent you updated draft about configuration in Studio One.

Best,
Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Anyone heard from Andy? He ok?

I'm ok yes, sorry haven't got much done since I got back, but I'm working on Vortex today :)

I've spent a couple of days trying to do tutorial vids but it isn't my 'domain', they are a spectacular failure (on many levels...)!!

Welcome back, Andy.

I hope you left some haggis for the rest of us!

I seem to have an issue with auditioning the grid. I play a sequence midi out to a GM sound module (Sequence is untransposed and kick is on the lowest white bar, which I understand to be C1/36).

Every thing sounds as I expect, Kick on C1, Acoustic Snare on D1, etc. Hoowever, if I audition the same note in the grid with Alt+Click or CapsLock in stead of streaming the midi out, the note plays a Tom, which is exactly by GM Perc standards an octave above the Kick at C2/ 48.

Could you check on this please?

Como

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”