Jaco and Pear tone range

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Greg,

would it be easy for you to enlarge the tone range of Jaco, and perhaps also Pear, down to the low B - like 5-string basses? I mean by stretching the lowest real samples and mapping them to the corresponding MIDI notes. This would make the instruments more versatile and usable for playing tracks originally composed using e.g. CoreBass Cherry (as is my case).
Thank you.
Stefan Sebechlebsky, Bratislava, Slovakia.

Sure, I'll look into extending the range of those instruments. I'll have to see how well Pear handles the stretch down to a low B, but I'm sure it'll work fine with Jaco.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Great :D

I always thought I could use a few more deep notes, even if it's not 'real' :)

Obviously, the few artificial deeper notes will not sound as natural as the real ones but usually this will not be noticable in a mix. 8)

Did Greg ever post a five string "fix" for the Iconic Bass: Jaco? I've got a project that requires 5 strings. It's only going to be on the demo, but, I'd like to use the IB: J on it.

Not yet, because I've been busy chopping acoustic guitar samples. I'll see about extending the range--though I think it will mean moving some keyswitches to make room, is that okay?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

That works for me. No rush though. I just picked up CoreBass - Cherry @ 35% off today, so, I'll be good with 5 strings for a while, but, I would love this option for the future.

Greg, could you pls. post the five string "fix" for the Iconic Bass: Jaco to extend the tone range down to low B. Moving some keyswitches will be OK, sure.

Sure! Can you PM me your email address, or just email me directly, and I'll send you the extended patch (it's complete and working).
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”