Installation/Kontakt4 Issue - Evolution Ac. Guitar

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sure I'm doing something that is very simple...wrong. I get an error message every time I try and click on the preset from within Kontakt 4.

Message says 'The patch could not be loaded (unknown error)'.

The way I navigate to the file within Kontakt is:
1) Click on the file tab
2) Navigate to my samples drive where I have a folder containing - Demo songs, Documentation, Presets & Samples.
3) I click on presets
4) I then click on the sub folder Lead (or rhythm)
5) I then double click on any of the .nki files.

That's when I get the error message. I've also tried dragging the nki file to the empty rack on the right..I get the same message.

Normally, when using Kontakt, I click on 'add library', and then select the library and all is good. This software doesn't work that way?

Thanks for you help...I'm not that great with Kontakt.

Marc

Mac OS 10.6.4
2*2.4 ghz quad core intel xeon
14 gigs of ram
DP 7.22
Last edited by mjkeys1 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Marc,

I sent you an email reply, but for anybody else reading this, here's the response to this particular issue:

Unfortunately Kontakt isn't very specific when it comes to error messages. The patch was created using a more recent version of Kontakt 4, so all you have to do is update Kontakt to the latest version, using the NI Service Center.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

With regards to the Add Library functionality, that only works for officially licensed Kontakt libraries. Those libraries can be loaded in the free Kontakt Player as well.

Not licensing the sample library means we can't add it as a library, nor can we run it in the free Kontakt Player for more than 15 minutes, but it costs less for the developer and thus costs less for us.

As for the error, have you tried updating to the latest version of Kontakt? There was a recent update that might fix something.

HI, newbie here. Then how do we get OrangeTree to work within Kontakt? I have the full, up-to-date version of K4 (also as part of Komplete 7) and I get "Kontakt 4 no library found" when I try to add it. What is the way to have it show up as a working instrument within K4?
Composer - concert, theater, film, and dance music; 2008 Mac Pro Quad-Core 2.8 GHz, OS 10.9.5, 16 GB RAM, DP 8.05, MF 3.0.4, Ethno v. 2.01, MX 4 v. 2.2, Sibelius 7.5, NI Komplete 9, Symphobia v. 1.02, Motu UltraLite, PC 88

Ah, partial success: I was able to use file-->load to get something (an individual nki file) into K4 but since it's not a licensed instrumental does that mean every time I want to use your, or other 3rd party sample libraries (e.g. Tonehammer stuff I just bought), ( I have to manually load via file each patch - one at a time - each time I want to hear/try/use? I guess I could create a whole instantiation of K4 of just Ev E Gtr and load every lead patch, and then one for every rhythm patch and then save them and use load that way... But boy! that's a bit of a pain and a roundabout way of doing things, especially if you just want to try out something and learn a bit. Perhaps I'm missing something?
Composer - concert, theater, film, and dance music; 2008 Mac Pro Quad-Core 2.8 GHz, OS 10.9.5, 16 GB RAM, DP 8.05, MF 3.0.4, Ethno v. 2.01, MX 4 v. 2.2, Sibelius 7.5, NI Komplete 9, Symphobia v. 1.02, Motu UltraLite, PC 88

Unfortunately Kontakt only allows Kontakt Player libraries to be loaded into the libraries tab. Hopefully Native Instruments will fix this, to let you load any library there. In the meanwhile, you might try using Kontakt's quickload menu instead, which allows you to drag in all your favorite libraries and sort them into folders, etc. for convenient loading. Unfortunately not quite as convenient as the library tab, but definitely faster than having to navigate between different libraries' folders.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thank you for the quick reply Greg. What a shame. I thought I saw somewhere that this also has to do with making the libraries more affordable since we/you don't have to pay NI a license (which, if true, is both good... and bad)? I'll experiment with this. Do you have any sense about whether NI plans to work on this or is it just a hope? I don't know if they have much of an incentive? This and the Tonehammer stuff is my first foray into 3rd party. Alas, I didn't realize. I do wonder about making multis and saving them. I guess I could audition a bunch of samples that I like and save them as "OT rhythm guitar" so they could load. I'm not familiar with non-K libraries. Can they be saved as multi so you don't have to search and load them separately or is this also anissue with the K player? Of course we're limited to 16 MIDI tracks per multi and I assume one has to load a number of different samples to make one "realistic," flexible instrument that plays, strums, etc. (or would this be done via keyswitching on just a few patches?).

Sorry for the newbie questions!

Yes, you can save multis with non-Kontakt Player licenced libraries, of course, if you're running a full version of Kontakt, which you are.

BTW, in most cases with EEG, you're gonna need just one instance of it that's set to your liking (currently, you can choose between a rhythm guitar and lead guitar component, Greg is working on an update that will merge both components into a single NKI for you to load, which makes things a lot less complicated). All the samples that are needed are in there, in that single NKI, and you can decide how to switch between different articulations using the scripted interface. It is rather flexible. In short, you don't need multis here. I suggest watching Youtube tutorials that Greg kindly posted on his Youtube channel to get some more info.

Also, Tonehammer has a few libraries that are Kontakt Player licenced, but not all.

I looked up the QuickLoad; the description from the manual is almost funny to me.

"The central facility where you can manage and access your catalog is the Quick-Load Browser. It appears below the Rack when you right-click somewhere inside the empty space below the Instrument Headers (alternatively, you can hold your Ctrl key down and left-click)."

I've been staring at my Kontakt 4 interface while reading that over a few times and I still can't find it.

If anyone finds it, add a quick post here & let us know.

PS Don't forget to left-click between the button with the Preview, 1/3 of the way down the screen, below the image above the Instrument Header... (that's Kontakt instruction for "Press Submit").

Right-click in the black empty space below any instruments you have loaded. You can also click on "Quick" icon in the top toolbar, to the left of the polyphony/disk meters.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”