Changing position during a piece / forcing hammers and pulls

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I'm less interested in live performance (not being a keyboard player and all), and I'm using Strawberry to import MIDI files from Guitar Pro and then going in and editing velocities, adding legato and hammers/pulls etc. to add in the authenticity. Really happy with the app and very much glad I purchased it.

My first question relates to positions: if I have a four bar loop, first two bars in 12th position, then shifting down to 8th position in bar 3, and 10th position in bar 4, how do I tell Strawberry to move the position at those times? I can tell it to begin at position 12, but how to tell it to go to 8 is beyond me -- at present, it's moving to the 13th fret on the low E, as opposed to the 8th fret on the A where I'd like it.

My second question is whether or not I can force the app to never use legato SLIDES, but to use hammer-ons and pull-offs, and also whether I can specify exactly which notes should be treated as hammers and pulls, as opposed to allowing the app to automate the process.

A third question since it's sprung to mind: can I force a note to be positioned on a specific string at a specific fret?

Are these things accomplished with layering? I've read the manual a few times but am still struggling a little to understand the layering in this much detail.

If anyone could offer some help here, it'd be very much appreciated.

..aaaand I've just found your YouTube channel, which has rendered all three of these questions pretty much redundant, hasn't it? :)

Appreciate the YouTube videos, feel free to close / delete this thread, or keep it as evidence of how one should always look around before asking for help!

I as well use Guitar Pro and import them into my DAW...

What I like to do, it takes a long time, but well worth it...

I'll take each guitar track, copy it 6 times... so I have 6 midi tracks of the same guitar part, and each track will represent one of the 6 strings on the Guitar... I then use "Midi Guitar" for my string selection...

Every note will be played on the correct string and the correct fret! It's great! =]

and I use velocities to trigger my articulations... for example...
127 = Pinch Harmonic
96-126 = Palm Mute
64-95 = Sustain

And if we could trigger Hammer on/Pull off's with velocity I'd use that too!

It makes sequencing very quick and easy! =D

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”