Instrument banks having separate mind control setups

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

There maybe a simple answer to this......or not.

Is it possible to have a series of instrument banks in Kontakt with each bank having it's own mind control script. For example, thanks to MC i've resurrected a few sample collections but when using MC in the multi script, this applies to all. So is it possible to have MC controlling just one or two of the three instrument banks loaded into one instance of Kontakt?

Appreciation in advance

Moosey

You can have multiple instances (up to five, limited by the maximum multiscripts Kontakt can have loaded) of Mind Control, each controlling a separate instrument bank. All you have to do is change the MIDI output channel in Mind Control's settings to correspond to the MIDI input channel of the desired instrument bank.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Wow that makes perfect sense. Thank you will try that now!

Moosey

Hi Greg,

I've setup the Mind Control preferences as i'm assuming they should be. Each bank is on a different midi channel (1,2 & 3) and there are three instances of MC each set to midi ch 1, 2 & 3. But it only works on midi channel 3 for some reason. The other banks do not respond to any of the key switch info. Each layer within MC is set to the correct midi channel so it should work but for reason doesn't. Am i doing something wrong?

Thank You

Moosey

EDIT: Sorry Greg, after researching the forum it seems the answer was right in front of me 'The Tool Icon' apologies, i couldn't see the Orange Tree for the Wood!

Ah, I'm glad you figured it out!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”