Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry - Update Released!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry
After a year in development, we're pleased to announce the release of the new Evolution guitar engine. We completely redesigned the interface and the scripting to greatly increase the playability and ease-of-use of the library.

Audio demo:
Audio Demo #1: Reja Vu
All guitar effects used in this demo are available directly in Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry, with no external effects used for the guitar.

Here are a few of the new, exciting features:

* Built-in effects processing
Evolution now includes an assortment of virtual stompbox effects, and a vast array of guitar cabinet impulses. Whether you need high distortion leads, or chorused strumming parts, Evolution's effects engine covers a lot of ground.

* Pick position modeling
Based on proprietary physical modeling technology, this efficiently and realistically reproduces the timbral differences of a string plucked in different areas.

* External presets
All the effects, mapping, and performance settings can now be stored in external preset files. That means that you don't have to reload the entire library to audition different presets. It also means that the presets can be easily shared with other Evolution users.

* Reduced memory footprint
Using dynamic sample purging, the Evolution guitar engine only loads the articulations you're currently using to reduce memory usage and speed up loading time.

...And that only scratches the surface of all the new features in the new Evolution guitar engine!

We've applied the updated engine to the Strawberry electric guitar sample library, and will soon release the Steel Strings acoustic guitar library as well. Future guitars in the Evolution series will also use the new engine.

Price:
We're currently having a $40 OFF re-introductory sale on Evolution Electric Guitar to celebrate this new release, so you can pick up your copy of the new Evolution Electric Guitar today for $139 (regularly $179)! This discount offer will expire on May 31st.

FREE Upgrade:
Furthermore, if you are a current owner of Evolution Electric Guitar, we've already emailed you your download links for this free update. If you can't find the email, be sure to check your spam folder as well, or just send us an email.

Format:
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in Kontakt 4+ format only. Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry requires the full retail version of Kontakt, so it is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

Visit the product page here: Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry sample library for Kontakt

Or you can click here to order Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry directly
Last edited by Gregjazz on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg

What legato modes does the new EEG have?
I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual....

Does it have both hammer on/off and real-time slides?
and what would be the way to switch between the two?
Thanks

Yes, it has hammer-ons and pull-offs as well as slide legato. Use the legato range to set the interval range limit for hammer-ons and pull-offs (for example, within a major 2nd). Or if you're in monophonic mode, the legato would depend on if you're playing a note on a string that's already being played.

As for slides, that's in the pitch wheel slide mode.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks for the fast reply!

I just have one more question.

Is the patch capable of automatic sliding between two overlapping notes
under certain condition(e.g., when sustain pedal is pressed)?

And also, what does CC64 do by default besides holding the notes?

Thanks again.

CC64 acts as the sustain pedal, which also helps when using the strumming system to hold chords while you move to the next chord (when playing from the keyboard).

The slides are only available on the pitch wheel because of the polyphonic slide system. That way you can more intuitively slide entire chords, or just a single note in the chord, etc. (based on the pitch wheel mode control) It also makes it easier to slide in to notes, or have drops off of notes.

You can also set the distance pretty wide, if you need long slides. All of these controls can be automated if you need to change the values on the fly.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

:tu: for keeping EEG Strawberry in K4 format. Us Luddites have not yet moved to K5.
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed May 02, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

i just received the links in email :)
thank you greg!

Congratulations, Greg! I'll be playing with this one real soon. Now onwards to steel string update! :)

How do I apply this update?
I downloaded the files, do I install over-top of the other??
Rankonfile
| Forte 3 | BloXpander | Cubase 7
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

Nice work Greg! Fantastic update :party:

Great stuff Greg. Much appreciated update.

+1 on the K4 support - Viva la K4!

egbert wrote:Great stuff Greg. Much appreciated update.

Rankonfile
| Forte 3 | BloXpander | Cubase 7
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

Wow. I would NEVER have expected a free update for a complete overhaul like this, especially this far down the road.

I look forward to giving this a workout.

Nicely done, Greg.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

rank wrote:

If you have the room you could install into a new folder and keep old and new versions - I usually do this to avoid breaking any old songs but if you wish to save space you could delete or move the old version and install into the default folder.

egbert wrote:
rank wrote:

If you have the room you could install into a new folder and keep old and new versions - I usually do this to avoid breaking any old songs but if you wish to save space you could delete or move the old version and install into the default folder.
Yeah, you could keep the old and new version. Unfortunately they can't share the same samples, because the new samples have been re-tuned and converted to Kontakt's lossless NCW compressed format. The update files are completely standalone, so you technically don't need any of the old EEG Strawberry files to use it.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”