Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings - Update Released!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings
We've applied the new Evolution engine to the Strawberry electric guitar, and now it's the acoustic guitar's turn to receive the update! This is a new engine for the Evolution guitar libraries that we've been developing for the past year, and features greatly improved playability and an entirely new interface.

Audio demo:
Audio Demo #1: Pulse

Here are a few of the new features, in case you haven't already read about the new Evolution engine:

* Pick position modeling
Based on proprietary physical modeling technology, this efficiently and realistically reproduces the timbral differences of a string plucked in different areas.

* External presets
All the effects, mapping, and performance settings can now be stored in external preset files. That means that you don't have to reload the entire library to audition different presets. It also means that the presets can be easily shared with other Evolution users.

* Reduced memory footprint
Using dynamic sample purging, the Evolution guitar engine only loads the articulations you're currently using to reduce memory usage and speed up loading time.

...And that only scratches the surface of all the new features in the new Evolution guitar engine!

We've applied the updated engine to the Strawberry electric guitar sample library, and will soon release the Steel Strings acoustic guitar library as well. Future guitars in the Evolution series will also use the new engine.

Price:
We're currently having a $40 OFF re-introductory sale on Evolution Acoustic Guitar to celebrate this new release, so you can pick up your copy of the new Evolution Acoustic Guitar today for $139 (regularly $179)! This discount offer will expire on June 30th.

FREE Upgrade:
Furthermore, if you are a current owner of Evolution Acoustic Guitar, we've already emailed you your download links for this free update. If you can't find the email, be sure to check your spam folder as well, or just send us an email.

Format:
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in Kontakt 4+ format only. Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings requires the full retail version of Kontakt, so it is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

Visit the product page here: Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings sample library for Kontakt

Or you can click here to order Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings directly
Last edited by Gregjazz on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

FANTASTIC updates, Greg! Thank you a lot!

:D :D :D
http://www.kompoz.com/music/artist/EnricoNic
MacBook Pro M3 Max 16" 128 GB Ram 4 TB SSD macOS Sonoma 14.2.1
NI Komplete 13, Cubase Pro 13, WaveLab Pro 11, Finale 27

Yes, a fantastic new instrument as was the Strawberry update as well. Very well done indeed, Greg!!! Thank you! :D
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Bought! :D

Thanks for the update, Greg. I'm looking forward to some videos on working with the new engine.

Thank you very much, Greg. What a beautiful sounding instrument and great update, very inspiring. I love it... and keep dreaming of you making a 12str guitar library!

Thank you, Greg!!! :D

Thank's a lot, Greg!

Most awesome update. :)

I am a bit confused about WHAT to download. I got the email and there are are 7 files, Core and samples 1-6. But then it also says I don't have to download the samples again, just copy the "Samples" subfolder. Could you please clarify this before I start making a mess? Thanks.
DAW: Studio One 4.5.3 Professional, Win7 x64, i7 5930K @ 3.5Ghz, VE PRO
Audio: RME ADI-2 PRO, Presonus Studio 1824
Midi: Studiologic Numa Compact, Faderport, S1 RC,
Sounds: Omnisphere, Zebra, Komplete12U, Lexicon, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, Breeze, Waves

If you already have the samples in the old version, all you need to do is this:

- Extract the new "SteelStrings-Engine.rar" into a new folder (not into the old one)

- Move/copy the "Samples" subfolder from the old version's folder into the new version's root folder.

And that should be it! You'll know it has the samples when you load the new version and Kontakt doesn't display a "samples missing" message.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi Greg,

thank's a lot, the updates are great. I only have one issue. I found both the acoustic guitar and strawberry are now extremely CPU consuming. My computer is only 1 year old and was one of the most powerful notbooks at that time but if I write a song with Cherry, one of the evolution guitars and a simple drum set I already get CPU spikes and the playback stops regularly for a second or so. I am using FL Studio which may not be the best host but I am used to it. I never had these problems with the old versions even with far more different instruments. I tried to purge all unused samples from the memory and I don't use the sympathetic resonance option.

Are there any more tricks to reduce the CPU load?

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Are you using all the built-in effects in EEG Strawberry? I know those can add some CPU, especially the cabinet models. What does the individual CPU level look like for Strawberry? You can check in the "Monitor" / "Engine" tab in Kontakt's left sidebar.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Doesn't resonance add to the CPU strain?

Yeah, a little bit. Controls that add to the CPU strain include:

- Double/triple/quadruple tracking
- Sympathetic resonance
- Vel morphing (off by default in the presets)

Though honestly, it shouldn't be using THAT much CPU, so you might try increasing the DFD buffer, or changing the multiprocessor settings in Kontakt (sometimes disabling it will actually make Kontakt more stable in your DAW).
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”