EEG & EAG Presets

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that both EEG and EAG support nka presets, how about a "preset exchange" sticky thread so people can share their presets with one another?
May a "strum exchange" sticky thread as well?

That would be awesome! Eventually it'd be great to set up an actual area on the website to upload/download/rate presets--until then, what would be a good method of hosting the preset files?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I'm just throwing the idea out there to see if anyone would be behind this idea.

Is the KVR patch area for vst patches only?

Yeah, I think so--not sure, though. They might limit the format of presets you can upload, but I'll have to investigate it.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Musical Gym wrote:Is the KVR patch area for vst patches only?
Great idea!

Gregjazz wrote:Yeah, I think so--not sure, though. They might limit the format of presets you can upload, but I'll have to investigate it.
I guess they can always be zipped!

Banks and Patches database on KVR includes a Kontakt category.

Is there a file format difference for nka files between Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5?
That may be an issue.

Fortunately the format is identical--one of the reasons I went for the external NKA preset format rather than just whole NKIs.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Is there a correlation between the old preset names and the new ones? I only see Scarlet Queen in both. I was using Dramatic Lead, Plain Lead, Quiet Lead and Shredding Lead a lot and would love to be able to duplicate them with the newer .nka files.

In the old version, the presets were purely for mapping that suited certain playing styles, whereas the new version's presets are full guitar tone/mapping presets (so no correlation). I guess I reused the "Scarlet Queen" name for a tapping guitar preset, a reference to Crimson King of course. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks, Greg.

"Preset Exchange" - what happened? to this idea??

Is it accessible?

Thanks
Rankonfile
| Forte 3 | BloXpander | Cubase 7
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

Not yet, but it's still something I want to do. The Orange Tree Samples website is currently getting redesigned, so it might be something I want to build directly in the new website. Or do you think we should just use the KVRAudio preset sharing system?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Not yet, but it's still something I want to do. The Orange Tree Samples website is currently getting redesigned, so it might be something I want to build directly in the new website. Or do you think we should just use the KVRAudio preset sharing system?
Definately use the KVR preset sharing system. I think it would be to your benefit as well as users as I am always on here, and that's how I found you and bought your products. It's ready to roll and it will help drive new customers to your site (like me) :)

RY
Rankonfile
| Forte 3 | BloXpander | Cubase 7
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”