EAG slow loading

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got EAG for the first time. I have Kontakt 5 on a Win 7 64 bit, 8 gig ram and 2.6 turbo booted to 3.5 Dell XPS laptop. The first time I load EAG after starting the computer, it can take as long as 4 or 5 mins to load up. This is the only instrument in Kontakt that takes so long. an you help out? Thanks.

I wonder if that has something to do with the sample references--after loading the patch, try resaving it, closing it, and then reopening it. Does it load faster then?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Once I've loaded it, it will load quickly ever time until the next time I start the computer or have to reboot it.

You might still try resaving it, in case it has to do with sample references.

Also, when it's taking a long time to load, does it just sit with a blank Kontakt screen, or does it show you the Evolution guitar interface?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Just a blank Kontakt screen for a while then the loading indicator screen for a couple of seconds and then it's up and ready to go.

Is this in standalone, or in your sequencer? You might try both, just to see if there's a difference. If you have a copy of Kontakt 4, you might also try it out in that.

Once the patch is first loaded, does it take another 4-5 minutes to load all the samples? In other words, how fast does it take the memory display to go from 0 MB to 384 MB (or thereabouts)?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

It's the plugin version through my DAW. I'll try the stand-alone and see what happens.

Once the patch loads the samples load up like any other instrument in about 20 or 30 seconds, maybe less.

I'll post the results of the stand-alone version later.

I ran the stand-alone Kontakt and it seems to load a little faster, at about 2 and a half minutes, but still much slower than similarly sized instruments in my collection. I tried re-saving and that didn't help. Once I load it, though, it re-loads fine until I reboot the computer. I don't have access to Kontakt 4.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling EAG and post the results.

Tried defragmenting your hard drive?

I did a defrag, and a couple of other house cleaning items. Seems to load a little faster now, but still takes about 2 minutes right after a computer start or reboot. That's longer than any of the other instruments I use.

Also, I saved a new instrument in order to capture all of my midi control assignments, and it took over 10 minutes compress and write the samples. I this normal?

Yeah, if it's rewriting all the samples, it can take around 10 minutes for that amount of samples, so that sounds normal.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Any way to save minor changes to the instrument without having to save the whole thing, to speed up the save?

By the way, Greg, this is a kick-a** program. Good job. Gonna check out your new slide guitar next.

You can use the "Save" button in Evolution's own interface to save an external preset. Also, if you resave the entire NKI preset, check the "Patch only" option so it doesn't have to rewrite all the samples.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I have the same issue, running Win 7 64bit 8Gb ram Kontakt 4 in stand alone and vst modes, takes about 2-3 minutes to load EAG SS showing a blank screen, then fine until a reboot, where it does the same. I have much bigger libraries in Kontakt that load much quicker.

Do you have background loading disabled or enabled? So after the 2-3 minutes, when the interface comes up, do the samples start loading then, or are they already loaded?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”