Using Mind Control to switch to different slots in a BANK via MIDI channel select

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Gregg,
I'm trying to set up a bank with a bunch of separate instruments (each instrument in its own slot) and then be able to choose an instrument via MIDI channel.

New Kontakt Multi
Mind Control
BANK

I set mind control to channel 1;
set the BANK to omni;
for the conditions:
Layer 1 condition = Midi Channel (slot one = Value 1)
Layer 2 condition = Midi Channel (slot two = Value 2)

etc.

not working. Can't seem to get it.

Help Appreciated,

--R
Rankonfile
| Forte 3 | BloXpander | Cubase 7
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

You don't need Mind Control for this at all. Just load various instruments and set them to their own MIDI channel.

Otherwise, you should use Program Change as condition and put instruments you want to switch between in just one instrument bank.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I want to use the bank because I am trying to conserve MIDI channels. I can only have 16 MIDI channels but I have 40 songs in a set. (and I don't want to have another instance of Kontakt for these...I need to load several other instance of Kontakt for other instrument libraries).

I am already using program change #s to send to a Receptor on CH 16.
Would I use Program Change(via Mind Control) for this bank set on say CH 15??

I'm a bit slow at this.

Another stumbling block is; In my host, Music OS(Open Labs) I can only send out one program change per song patch (I'm sending a Program Change to a Receptor on Midi Ch 16.
Rankonfile
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

That's quite limiting there, regarding program changes...

Well, you can have multiple instrument banks opened, each on its own MIDI channel, loaded to the brim with instruments, then you use program change over various MIDI channels to switch to the patches you want...

EvilDragon wrote:That's quite limiting there, regarding program changes.....
I thought so too.

I thought I could select slots through Mind Control using Midi Channels??

not possible?
Rankonfile

Yep, it doesn't seem to work. Not even if I set the instrument bank to Omni.

EvilDragon wrote:Well, you can have multiple instrument banks opened, each on its own MIDI channel, loaded to the brim with instruments, then you use program change over various MIDI channels to switch to the patches you want...
So with Music OS on each song patch; it looks as if I can send send 1 program change on 1 channel.

I sent them a note to verify this---seems very limiting I agree....So is what you say in the quote above....that won't work if I have this limitation in Music OS, right?

that would be a bummer. I REALLY like this host for keyboard splits and such.
Rankonfile

Can you use some different controllers? Like if you have pads, set pads to send out a certain CC that's going to select a different instrument bank slot? Or use keyswitches? Think a bit out of the box.

EvilDragon wrote:Can you use some different controllers? Like if you have pads, set pads to send out a certain CC that's going to select a different instrument bank slot? Or use keyswitches? Think a bit out of the box.
thanks, trying to.

I only have 61 keys on my keyboard and need every one of them.

I have some controllers but not near enough and I need to be able to keep track of everything in a live random song selection environment.

over 50 songs.

that is why I was trying to tie the slot selection to the actual song patch i create.
Rankonfile

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”