Jaco slide not working Ableton

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, last night through much fiddling I managed to get a note slide to work in Jaco.

Upon opening the session this morning it doesn't work.

I'm using the latest Ableton and now I simply cannot get a two overlapping notes to slide with the envelope drawn for MIDI value 64 (Hold in Ableton).

Any clues here?

Thanks all

The plot thickens...

If I create a brand new session in Ableton I can cause two notes to slide to one another. If I then close and re-open that session they no longer slide. Not only that, if in that same session I load another instance of Jaco and try to do a note slide it will never work no matter what. Everything has to start fresh, new session, fresh instance of Jaco or it will never work again.

Weird...

It might be due to the fretting position changing. The instrument tries to automatically determine what strings should be used, but sometimes that results in things like slides not working between two notes, or double-stops (two or more notes played at the same time). There are four manual string selection keys mapped to the very lowest MIDI notes:

C-2: Force low E string selection
C#-2: Force A string selection
D-2: Force D string selection
D#-2: Force G string selection

Try holding down one of these keys during both notes involved in the slide to make sure that the slide can be played. Otherwise if the destination note happens on a different string, the slide won't get triggered.

Let me know if that helps, and you're able to get the slides playing properly. In the big update for Iconic Bass Jaco we're working on, the whole legato/slide system should be a lot easier and more straight-forward.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”