Which orange tree library to buy for Radiohead sound?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not a guitarist, but would love to use guitar-sounds in my music. I'm going to buy my first orange tree library soon with the group buy deal, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get.
I really like the guitars Radiohead uses, for example in 'Little by Little', '2+2=5' and 'Present Tense' (starting from 1:46).
Which OTS libraries can get closest to those sounds?

I was looking at the jazz archtop, although the presets are much more focussed on jazz, the guitar sounds in those Radiohead songs are pretty clean.
I also thought that Dracus might be a good fit, but I'm not going to use it for metal or heavy stuff. Would it still be worth getting just for the clean sounds, or would I be better of getting something else?

Johnny Greenwood is a biig telecaster man.....

Indie guitar is quite spiky and thin in louder songs (with Fender/Vox style amps generally, but not exclusively rather than Marshall types) with a lot of octaves/drones/ringing notes for the more Radiohead kind of style. Tele is always a good bet for this and you've always got the neck pickup sounds for more mellow sounds. The OTS one does seem more geared for country rock though..so maybe not. Strawberry maybe a good bet. I've used it before to do guitars when I can't be arsed playing, or it's late, and it's a good all-rounder bridge pickup can be nice and twangy, with more mellow sounds from the other pickups, and the presets aren't bad at all.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”